Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone look at the dyno runs on the Two Brothers Racing site. According to them that's all it makes (both with their pipe/airlid removed & fully stock). I know dynos vary one to another and vary based on atmospheric conditions but those #s are sick (in a bad way). Everyone else that's published dyno pipe charts that I've found is up around 50hp.

http://www.twobros.com/Cust_Service/Dyno_Charts/dyno_yama_raptor700_2006_torq&hp.pdf

:3question: :3question: :3question: :3question: :3question: :3question: :3question:

·
Registered
314 Posts
im thinking they are either a: listing the numbers wrong b: putting up wrong data or c: they didnt realy test anything at all and just threw out some bogus numbers.

either way im afraid i have to call :bs:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Two bros dynoed there's with knobby tires (1) and (2) you are not going to see 50 hp with NO fuel controller and NO intake and a stock header. That machine had to be running SOOO lean its not even funny. They dyno'd it with out the lid and with the slip-on with NO controller....BIG no-no! :unsure: :thumbsup:
PLUS I doubt ANY single except maybe CT makes 50 HP+. Have to have the LTE's to get that high of numbers

STOCK 35.8 is pretty accurate for running knobbies...that puts it right at around 40 hp stock with slicks and about mid 40's with the slipon running slicks. Most quads that read 39-40 wheel HP with slicks, reads 32-33hp with knobbies. You can see that with the exhaust and no lid that there is a series lack of fuel to make ANY peak power. It only gained in the low and top end. That thing was desperate for fuel

Personally I would rather see REAL numbers like this than phony "55.9 hp with just our exhaust" crap!

·
Registered
314 Posts
good point, it just seems low for some reason, but then too like you said no controler very lean. ill go along with that.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
if you call two bro's ask for Ryan, he's a buddy of mine, yeah i asked him why they don't make a header for it and he said they stock header works just fine and they just did a quick dyno run w/ slip on to show that there is a "gain". . and of couse if you add PCIII and a header and intake you'll get alot more, it's just a basis for comparison..i'm going to get the two bros from him some time, once i get my pCIII that is..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, I'm all for real data myself!

I hate to reference the ATV Rider pipe shootout but the thing that makes me scratch my head is if you look at that test every single pipe combo dyno'd in the high 40s or right around 50. Didn't matter which one i.e. fuel boxes/no fuel boxes, slip ons/full systems, lid on/lid off.

Nick: Tell TBR to do a dyno run with the slip on pipe and a fuel box connected, then publish it!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Ive heard 40hp more than any other number stock.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Glamis700 said:
Ive heard 40hp more than any other number stock.
me too. 35.8 hp isnt that hard to believe with running knobbies and no controller or intake.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
rich807 said:
Hey, I'm all for real data myself!

I hate to reference the ATV Rider pipe shootout but the thing that makes me scratch my head is if you look at that test every single pipe combo dyno'd in the high 40s or right around 50. Didn't matter which one i.e. fuel boxes/no fuel boxes, slip ons/full systems, lid on/lid off.

Nick: Tell TBR to do a dyno run with the slip on pipe and a fuel box connected, then publish it!
Those numbers you saw in the mags are 1st, OUT OF THE MAGS....and 2nd made by running slicks and an intake w/o lid. A lot of those exhausts had headers and or controllers.
That shootout was a waste of time if you ask me. Wasnt much of a "comparison"!

·
Registered
429 Posts
fully stock I woudnt be suprise also depends if they did test on 3 th or 4 th gear wich has a speed limiter. also the exhaust of stock raptor is a drag of hp and air filter the raptor runs also rich for realibility reason plus has no air with that small air box and exhaust. my stock raptor use to get he s ass kick by all the stock 450 by a long shot. added the 3 mod and 15 sprockett now im playing with them and faster then the 3 mod 450 too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts