Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haha just kidding, now that every raptor lovers pissed off and confused. My question is for who ever got barker duals did your box with the pipes and clamps include any exhaust donuts or anything for where the two pipes meet? because mine didn’t so what I did was get a short adaptor pipe in the middle but I seen a spot in the bottom bend where my chain hit the pipe so I got a few more questions how much clearance do you have between the chain and pipe on the left side? Where can I get a donut for it instead I tried CARQUEST where I live but no luck :( I have just over an inch of clearance between the chain and pipe.

Thanks,
Jeremy

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
No donuts whatsoever on mine... The pipes just slip one into the other and the spring holds 'em together. I can't say I've checked clearances very thouroughly but I haven't hard or felt anything hit in that area. Bike isn't at home, I'll check it when I get a chance and grab some pics.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
There is no gasket or donut between the can and header...it is just a slip joint and I also have about an inch or so between the slip joint and spring and have never had a problem with the chain hitting.

·
Registered
448 Posts
you need to re adjust the pipe on that chain side, it shouldnt be touching the chain. Loosen the bracket and the bolts and twist it a little to get it right before bolting it down

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks alot guys!..ill go take it apart now and check on it, so if it dont need a donut howcome theres suck a big gap i mean i got like an 1/8" gap if i dont got the addaptor :S that seems like to much.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
haha just kidding, now that every raptor lovers pissed off and confused. My question is for who ever got barker duals did your box with the pipes and clamps include any exhaust donuts or anything for where the two pipes meet? because mine didn’t so what I did was get a short adaptor pipe in the middle but I seen a spot in the bottom bend where my chain hit the pipe so I got a few more questions how much clearance do you have between the chain and pipe on the left side? Where can I get a donut for it instead I tried CARQUEST where I live but no luck :( I have just over an inch of clearance between the chain and pipe.

Thanks,
Jeremy
What big city are you near? Are you going to the Silver Lake RR?

·
Registered
749 Posts
http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79855

check out this thread. do you have all of the hardware that is shown in this guy's thread?? his are the newest style barkers, which i would imagine yours are too. my barkers are about a year or two old, so they look like the ones "blue lighting" posted

P.S. i think the guy added some of those clamp things, but you get the idea of what that spring should look like. the older style ones have the spring further back

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rappy 97'..no im not going to the silver lake RR I have no clue what that is even haha sorry. I'm 30 miles from houghon and 70 miles from marquette

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79855

check out this thread. do you have all of the hardware that is shown in this guy's thread?? his are the newest style barkers, which i would imagine yours are too. my barkers are about a year or two old, so they look like the ones "blue lighting" posted. the older style ones just have a spring
Yeah thats what mine look like...I just dont know what im going to do to get my chain to not slap my pipe haha :( my only thought was a chain tensinor to hold the chain down to pevent that ::)

·
Registered
749 Posts
not sure how much harder the "newer" styles ones are with fitment, but it will take some adjusting either way. just mess with it and you'll get it! mine don't hit anywhere.

post up some pics, maybe some ppl can help with the install and give you some tips

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

here is what I did..that black knob is what is temporary gonna hopefully help..I would keep it there but im worried when I jump it thats gonna get snapped off.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine hit too when I first installed, but only when the suspension was bottomed out.

I made some wood wedges and put them between the starter and the pipe, then loosened the headbolts and muffler bolts (billet clamps). When there was just a little bit of play, I used the wedge to push the header up and it gave it almost 1" more clearance.

I also had a lowering link on the quad, and I had to raise it up a bit to make sure it didn't bottom out as deep. It used to ride so low the tires left black marks on the edges of the rear fenders, but damn did it handle great. It's higher now, about 1" under stock.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Post a pic of the 1/8 gap where the can and header ends meet.. Pretty sure your problem starts there. Sounds like your can is too far back and that would explain why the bend is causing trouble.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts