Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard ppl talk about engine noise and etc but I'm thinkin this might be somethin else. I've jumped the hell out of this thing but never messed up a jump...it just started makin some internal rattling noise a couple days ago, runs fine, but the rattle follows the rpm range, none at idle really, just when it picks up. I've placed my hand all over the motor and frame and can't located any loose parts, it's internal i believe, just conecerned cuz it just started and the bike is 8 months old. Oil changed ever 5 rides. Garage kept. Perhaps timing chain noise ?

·
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Valves were adjusted once and that was the 1st break in service back in October/November. So 6 months ago ?

G

·
one guy said the clutch makes alot of noise
im not sure why it would make noise

the noise is kind of disturbing isnt it :metal:

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Worth a shot if you ride alot they may need to be adjusted.

Ive noticed mine making a little more noise so Im going to adjust mine. Its been almost a year but I dont get to ride a ton. :thumbsup:

·
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ride damn near every day for the last 6 months so they may need it :lol: But I don't know how :(

I'm mechanically enclined though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I havent done my raptor yet, I had dealer do first one, but I used to do my warrior and its pretty easy. Only special tool you need (at least on warrior) is a feeler guage you can get at sears for like $10.
I would adjust mine (warrior)once a year and the exhaust valve always needed adjusted, but intake was usually fine. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.