Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I am looking for as much info as possible as I am looking a picking up a new set of tires before this weekend. I ride a lot of trails with mixed rock and dirt primarily. I am looking at the razr and razr 2...could people chime in with what the difference is between the two? Is one softer than the other or is the 2 simply a newer revised design of the first. How are these tires for longevity? How are they for my type of riding? Thank you

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ps...i currently run 20x11x9 rear, is it worth stepping up to a 22 for added ground clearance? I run a 12t so I've got lots of low end to play with!

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Razr2s. I have the razr2 front tires and their great. I got the kutters for the rear and their just as good as the razr2 but 20-30 bucks cheaper. The main difference is 4 ply vs 6 ply and the tread design. The razrs seam their more a mx tire and the razr2s are more of a gncc/ xc tire.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
on rocky terrain you'll want the Razr 2's as mentioned before they are 6ply and they have deeper lugs

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Ps...i currently run 20x11x9 rear, is it worth stepping up to a 22 for added ground clearance? I run a 12t so I've got lots of low end to play with!
22's are amazing... I run 22's ans 23's... I don't think I would EVER go back unless riding on ice or some type on pro MX racing (And I will never be there)

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
I ride alot of rocky trails and the 20" tires don't bother me. You just have to steer away from the big rocks or put them right now the middle and slide over them.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I don't think I'd go with 23/22s on an already overly tall and narrow machine. I have 21/20s and do fine on average trails. They already have a good amount of ground clearance. I prefer Razr 2 fronts and Razr rears. The regular Razr also comes in 6 ply and the lugs are maybe 1/16" shorter than the Razr 2s. No matter what, Razr 2 fronts are like the coolest front tires ever

·
Registered
89 Posts
I ran Razrs for a while and the i bought so Holeshot HDs....they hook so hard man I will never go back to Razrs ever....I think they are a lil more expensive but the dont wears as fast as Razrs do either...But I still run Razr fronts...like blades man...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have not tried them, but I have read a few people online like the GBC X-Rex tires. They are like the Razr2 I believe, but a bit cheaper I think. However, someone that has actually had these tires may chime in.

·
Registered
61 Posts
the razor2 rears work good and they last a LONG time but they are heavy.They are also pricey but if you dont mind the weight they do wear 4ever.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Any big 6 ply tire is going to be heavy though. You can't even feel them on a machine as big as this though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts