Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I run 4.5 pounds front and rear on my Razr2's.

·
Registered
665 Posts
funny you ask this, when i went rididng last saturday with LOOSENUTZ i had my razr2 at about 10lbs, i didnt know this cuz the idiot who mounted them had them aired up like this but after i looped the quad up a bullshit hiil, i was amazed and LOOSENUTZ recommended i check the air in the tires , i ended up airing down to 2 lbs and they hooked up really good, better than ever!!!! and i climbd the hill with out spinning at all!!!!!

·
Registered
572 Posts
2lbs must be good,cause i have mine at 3.5 now and they seem very hard still. the stocks were just right at 3.5 lbs and soft. but the razr2 are 6 ply and very stiff. ill try your 2 lbs. and see.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Here's a link to ITP's suggested tire pressures for different tire sizes. I'd compare your set-up to the XCT's... This pressure seams a bit high, but I've been running it on mine with 8 psi in the front 23x7x10's and 7 psi in the rear 22x11x9's.

http://www.itptires.com/tirereference.html

One thing I've noticed is that this higher pressure works great for high speed desert type trails, but when you get into rocky trails with roots and other lumps/bumps that it's better to air the rears down to 4.5 to 5 psi (for better traction and a more comfortable ride), but I keep my fronts up at around 7 or 8 psi for better steering.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts