Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put on the Rebuildable Gibson Stabilizer today. . . Took about 1.5 hours with mine (had to go to Orchard to get more parts as I attached it to the frame at an existing bolt hole instead of on the frame tube.) Took me about 15 minutes to do the Wife's quad after I got done with mine.

If you are in the front of the quad at eye level with the bumper, you will see some C-Channel type metal - There are three holes. I turned the stabilizer on its side and mounted the Heim off of that. Used a nut on top and on the bottom.

The mount on the stearing stem was the same as how they shipped it.

Can't wait to get some ride time on this beast!

Put the 3-mods on last weekend. . . first trip isn't until the weekend before Memorial! Can't wait!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Can you post some pics of your set up, alot of guys on here dont want to drop the scratch on a elka or precision stabilizer. Showing a couple different set up options for the stick stabilizers would be great reference for all members who are trying to decide the route to go...

Thanks,

Frank

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll shoot some pics and try to post them later today.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pictures of the installation.

Had to buy a few washers and an extra nut for the mount on the frame. I wanted washers on there so I wouldn't damage the paint by putting the nut on there. I've got a nut on the top and the bottom so, that's how the Heim is held tight.

The bracket that is mounted on the frame can slide on the stabilizer shaft. . . loosen the allen and slide it to where you want it then tighten it up.

Once you get it on there, you'll have to probably adjust where you have it (rotated) on the stearing stem to make sure you can fully turn both ways.

Use Loctite on the parts...

These are the rebuildable Gibson's. . . I pulled the stickers off. . . they aren't paying me to advertise for them!

Attachments

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A few more. . . Wife's Bike too 100th Anniv.

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
i just rode this weekend with my gibson. good price for what it does....night and day difference over no damper. i can ride with one hand now wide open if i want to without having the bars yanked out of my hands:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Looks nice man. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. . .

Sometimes I think everyone has things (like a stabilizer in this case) and that everyone has them mounted up so, they don't need pictures. . . . . . . . sometimes I guess I'm wrong. . . . . (don't let my Wife see this. . . ) :grin_nod:

I can't wait to ride this thing!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I like your set up for a single stick! Ingenuity is alive and well!! I'd look at reinforcing the cross brace though. It's thin enough I'd worry worry about hitting something big like a rock or a stump and the torque of that whack bending it. Unfortunantly, it wouldnt work for me since I use the a dual stick set up.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rock??? Stump??? :3question: What's that?

Pretty much only ride the dunes! ;) :grin_nod:

I don't think I'll have it turned up so high that it would pull off that tab. . .

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
How much $ you got into it??

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think it was $159 + shipping.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Ok. Where do I find one? How did you like the performance? I ride trail pretty aggressively....

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bump for those that missed this before.

Oh, ride report. . . The Wife Loved her stabilizer. Sand got rough and it let the suspension do it's work but, didn't transfer all the other stuff to your arms.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ride report. . .

Unit is still holding-up well and working out well.

Hit the Oregon Dunes this summer for about a week and a couple trips to Sand Mt. recently.

Sand Mt. can get tore-up on the big weekend. My hands weren't sore where my bud without a stabilizer said his hands were tore-up. I ended-up riding a bit more than he did too.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
DuneMe said:
Ride report. . .

Unit is still holding-up well and working out well.

Hit the Oregon Dunes this summer for about a week and a couple trips to Sand Mt. recently.

Sand Mt. can get tore-up on the big weekend. My hands weren't sore where my bud without a stabilizer said his hands were tore-up. I ended-up riding a bit more than he did too.
I still need to get one, I get tired of having tokeep the front end up in the air over ruts. :grin_nod:

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
rapjac07 said:
i just rode this weekend with my gibson. good price for what it does....night and day difference over no damper. i can ride with one hand now wide open if i want to without having the bars yanked out of my hands:thumbsup:
Pretty much sums up RapJac's Riding style,,,,All caution to the wind,,,,,Full open throttle with 1 hand on the bars :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts