Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,on my 09' raptor 350 I have it fully modifyed and currently running a 157.5 main jet. The bike is stalling out alot after, 30 mins of riding. So now i have purchased 4 more jetts( 160,162.5,165,167.5). Also, I'm running 111 race fuel. Can any one please let me know which one of these 4 jetts i need to use?
Thank you for your info and time

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I am not sure, but I would say, 162.5. I am not sure, Mad Dog, QuadManiac, and WillyKiller are the ones that know their motors. What comp. piston do you have in? Pics of your quad?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
12.5,1 je pistion, stage 1 hot cam kibblewhite values and spring kit, dynatek cdi,k&n filter no lid, 111 race fuel, right now its a 157.5 main but I was told I need to go up in size. And im almost ready to put it back together and I will post alot of pics. Ive been building this bike for the last 2 years

·
Registered
836 Posts
whats your elevation? I would try running the richest one you got there, the 167.5.. It might run slightly rich but it will keep you from running into any jetting problems in the future as the temperature/humidity/air pressure changes..
I wen't up a whole 10 sizes on my 250 from a 140 to a 150 and it made a pretty noticable difference, and i wasn't even running that lean on the 140..

·
Registered
836 Posts
yeah I would run the 167.5..
as i have mentioned before, although it may run slightly rich thats okay because you won't have any issues with humidity, temperature, or air pressure
running rich also keeps the motor running cooler which is a big plus since you have the hotter burning 12:1 piston on a non oil cooled, air cooled engine and you live in dallas which has a hot climate..
I actually prefer the run the engine rich on fuel, rich engines will actually last longer than lean or engines with a perfect 14.7:1 air fuel mixture...
and i've never noticed any performance loss from a rich running engine compared to an engine running the perfect mixture

1 - 7 of 7 Posts