Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if I am re-kindling a dead thread, but this one’s got me curious… :confused:

I had read in another thread on here http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=8500.0 that the Grizzly 700 stock ECU can be re-programmed through its instrument panel. I know we don’t have the instrument panel, but we do have a diagnostic connector under the seat. Hmm…

So I got to reading the service manual, and sure enough it mentions on page 6-8 about the ECU having the “CO” adjustment mode. (Read the link in the link above) But then it only talks about the DIAG diagnostic mode. It also mentions it again on page 6-23 about the error code if there is a problem reading or writing to the EEPROM.

Although I don’t have the FI diagnostic tool, I would almost bet that our Raptor’s stock ECU is tunable. Now I didn’t necessarily say easily tunable, but I do believe it could be adjusted. Has anyone tried anything like this? Is this possibly some dealership secret for tuning it for the GYTR products???

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
WTF thats some BS right there man. YAMAHA is trying to pull a fast one on this *******. Going to the dealer tomorrow and finding out more ASAP. thanks guys if this works then you just saved me $250. SWEEETTTT later WOODY

·
Registered
66 Posts
I know Yamaha dealers can do that. My dealer did it to my Raptor when I took out the sparky and put a GYTR filter (I bought a Powercommander one month later, though). He called it adjusting the "CO", whatever that means. However, I think they can only add fuel across the whole RPM range, and not in RPM intervals, as the PCIII does. The PCIII made a HUGE difference! Whatever the dealers do, it is not nearly as effective. I noticed that most of the time, the bike was running VERY lean (with the CO adjustment and no PCIII).

I am actually more interested in putting the ECU back to stock (currently I am using the PCIII with the dealer CO adjustment), because I don't want to have to go to my dealer whenever I change anything in my bike (e.g. sometines I may want to run with the lid on, sometimes off). I want to adjust the EFI using only the PCIII, without fiddling with the CO (whatever that is).

How do I erase what the dealer did? Does he change the ECU program?

·
Registered
899 Posts
I had it done at one time. I had to replace my TPS and unhooked the battery to do so. When I plugged it back in the quad acted very lean so I called and asked the tech about it and they said I lost the work they did when the battery got unplugged….so unplug the battery for a while and see if that works.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can disconnect either one, you may want to leave it disconnected for several minutes to clear the memory.

It sounds like the "CO" adjustment is a very limited adjustment that only trained dealerships can do. And it loses it if the battery is ever disconected. Looks like a box is the way to go! Thanks!

·
Registered
468 Posts
I haven't found a dealer that knows anything about it. Makes me question their knowledge. My local dealer here couldn't even put on my 15t sprocket without adding a link in my chain. Finding a tech that has the know-how and equipment to flash your ecu is the hard part.

Craig,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.