Raptor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Read Me: Things you want to know about using YFZ 450 Shocks on a Raptor 660

i just bought a 660 raptor and it has upgraded yfz 450 shocks they ride like a dream.....i strongly suggest them

·
Registered
162 Posts
Re: Read Me: Things you want to know about using YFZ 450 Shocks on a Raptor 660

do you happen to have any pics of the front so i can check out the ride height? Looks likes my next project!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Re: Read Me: Info about YFZ 450 Shocks on a Raptor 660

i have recently gotten into sport quads. i baught an 04 660 limited edition. since i bought it i have put a procom cdi, jetted carbs, ready filters with no air box lid, yosh rs-3 full exhaust and a barnett dirt digger clutch. its pretty quick for now. but i was told that not only the shocks from a YFZ will fit but the A-arms will as well as a cheap way to get a little more width out of the front. if anyone knows for sure and could let me know that would be great. because i have a chance to get some YFZ A-arms and shocks for cheap

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

Anyway we can get these pictures updated? Also I just bought a set on ebay for $185 shipped :grin_nod:. I'm thinking about making newer stronger a-arm mounts for the shocks (stock a-arms). This way the shock won't need any modding. I'll post pictures when I'm done. (next week) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
75 Posts

Anyone have the pics? If you need a host send them to me and I will host them and post them up. Thanks

Jarred

·
Registered
114 Posts

i have messed with my 450 fronts, and now i forgot the stock seting can some one please post the stock setings for both screws

·
Registered
252 Posts

picked up some 450 shocks and would appreciate an update on the pictures for installation.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
333 Posts

Maddog has msgd me about rehosting the pics a couple times and I keep forgetting. I'll look for them when I get home tonight and put them back up.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Just did the swap and took a ride on a MX track, results .................. WOW !!!!!!!!!!!! Can't believe this is a raptor. Made a way bigger difference than I anticipated. Not only that they perform much better they also look way better than the stock shocks. My Raptor is now way less tipsy and does not nose dive and hooks up much better when cornering. Got the shocks on Ebay for 175$ so by far the best modification for the money.. took me maybe 2-3 hours to install nothing complicated just have to take the time to do it.

Thanks for all the info guys

·
Registered
510 Posts

Like doubt I have been forgetting. But I went digging for them last night and couldn't find them on this computer. I'll have to hook my other computer up and do some more digging on it. I have stickies posted on my monitor now though so I'll get to looking.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Re: Read Me: Info about YFZ 450 Shocks on a Raptor 660 (Pics Updated)

Will 06 450 shocks work the same way with this mod? Thanks.

·
Registered
178 Posts

Yes. All YFZ 450 shocks will work no matter the year.

·
Registered
66 Posts

Does anyone know how to look @ the pics for the YFZ shocks to the Raptor 660 modification? Also wondering if the A-arms would fit onto the Raptor 660?

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Bump,

Pictures back online!

Thanks doubt :thumbsup:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Do older 450 shocks not have the adjustment screws?? or do they all have them and where

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Gman_raptor said:
Do older 450 shocks not have the adjustment screws?? or do they all have them and where
04-06 (and I think the standard shocks on 07-08 but someone can check me on that) are compression, rebound and preload adjustable. Preload is adjusted by a collar on the shock body. The others have screws at the top and bottom of the shock.

21 - 40 of 143 Posts