Raptor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
:grin_nod: I added a set of 450 shocks to the front of my 660R this weekend. I went riding saturday and it rode so good. I reccommend this mod to any one that has a 660. It is like night and day from stock shocks to the 450's.

·
Registered
21 Posts
HI,i just bought the yfz450 shocks to upgrade my raptor.I have +2 a arms wondering if im going to come up with some problems other then the grindding?shxxxxxx should have asked before buyng the shocks

·
Registered
76 Posts
The YFZ450 shocks are a great addition. I am currently looking for instructions/method about hwo to adjust the Hi Lo compression damping on the 08's. Once I find a credidble explanation I will add it to the "how to adjust your shocks" thread.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Do i have to cut a hole in the bottom A-arm? i don't want to do this :(

-kyle

·
Registered
587 Posts
How do these ride? :3question:

-kyle

·
Registered
76 Posts
Does this upgrade extend your wheelbase a bit? Or is it that they're just that much better of a shock?

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Jeeves said:
Does this upgrade extend your wheelbase a bit? Or is it that they're just that much better of a shock?
I think width is what you're asking about, not wheelbase. It's possible that it will be wider if the ride height decreases, and they're a much better quality shock. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Mad Dog said:
Jeeves said:
I think width is what you're asking about, not wheelbase. It's possible that it will be wider if the ride height decreases, and they're a much better quality shock. :thumbsup:
Would these be better for jumping?

-kyle

·
Registered
587 Posts
Mad Dog said:
Jeeves said:

-kyle

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
kylegentz said:
Mad Dog said:
Jeeves said:

-kyle
Yes, especially since they are much more adjustable than the stock 660 front shocks.

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
kylegentz said:
Mad Dog said:
Jeeves said:

-kyle
Yes, especially since they are much more adjustable than the stock 660 front shocks.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Mad Dog said:
kylegentz said:
Mad Dog said:
Jeeves said:

-kyle
SOLD!

-kyle

·
Registered
587 Posts
Mad Dog said:
kylegentz said:
Mad Dog said:
Jeeves said:

-kyle
SOLD!

-kyle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Read Me: Info about YFZ 450 Shocks on a Raptor 660 (Pictures Back ONLINE!) Reply to T

Guys,
I did this mod over the weekend ( Not that hard ) on my 03 660. Man, what a change in the handling. I would recommend doing this , if you can.

·
Caribbean Raptor
937 Posts
ok i ordered a set of '06 shocks, and i was wondering what Preload, Rebound, and Compression does...

i know bottomm screw for rebound, top for compression and shock collar for preload.

i weigh 120 LBs. and Ride trails...

so what we be best on the screws?

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
158 Posts
Read this article: http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35290

This is a sticky right below this sticky for this thread. This will tell you just about everything you need to now to adjust your shocks for you since every one likes their shocks set up they way they like it.

41 - 60 of 143 Posts