Raptor Forum banner

61 - 80 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
joequad16,
After you put the shocks on you should flip your rear link,so that your machine is level again and your machine will handle so much better. My 660 handled funny until I fliped my rear link. good luck with the install

Tim

·
I am unique
22,619 Posts
Do stock 450 upper and lower arm bolt onto a 660 rappy , or is there a iot of mods that go with that ?
They are not interchangeable.......................
You would have to many mods, and if you did the geometry would have to be all reset.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Love the YFZ Shocks!

-Kyle

·
Registered
89 Posts
i just added yfz front shocks and built a lowering kit.i now have 4 diff. positions to put my front shocks on i didnt have to cut a hole in my lower a arm but i still had to grind some material off the top mount.i got tons of compliments and the ride is ten tims better.ill get some pics soon

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
so what shocks would i be better of to go with on my 660.....450s or 700s? also, i know small things have been changed on those shocks over the years, so what years would be best to look for?

something else id like to take into consideration is my weight. im at 240 pounds, and id like to get the shock that will hold the added weight the best. chances are, this thing will never see an mx track, all i use it for is trails, open fields, drag racing friends, etc... also, id like to keep most of my ground clearance, but i know some is lost when putting 450 shocks on. this is soemthing id like to keep in mind, but my main concern is which one will suit my big ass bettter.

so what do you guys think? 450 or 700?

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Well I hope someone has them because they were hosted by one of the former administrators of the site and I don't have them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well I hope someone has them because they were hosted by one of the former administrators of the site and I don't have them.
Well if somebody has the 450 shocks already on their quad and could post a couple pics of where they cut/modded the arms that would be sweet!

I'm going to start a thread in general discussion to post them here so maybe a few more folks will see it.

·
Caribbean Raptor
937 Posts

You can see where i cut in the shocks for the a arm mounts. and i grinded on the bottom of the shock instead of cutting my a arm brackets even weaker.

·
Caribbean Raptor
937 Posts
to the top bracket youll need to grind off a little bit. make then shorter. other wise the will rub on the top of the shock...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great post! Just put mine on yesterday and went smoothly. Looks and rides great. Dose anyone know how to set them up for a 225lbs rider like to jump a little and ride trails.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are YFZ and raptor shock springs interchangeable?

I wonder if anyone has tried swapping the springs to lower the front end? Or has anyone ever cut the springs on the stock Raptor shocks to achieve the same result?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was wanting to know if you have to grind the square in the a-arms or if there is a way around it. Just got some 450 shocks from a friend and want to put them on the 02 660

61 - 80 of 143 Posts