Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where should this be mounted, and should i put some sort of plastic over it to protect it from water?

I have my PCV installed where the tool/owner manual goes, and i was planning on installing the Dynatek there as well if there is room, is this a good location, i havent noticed much water getting and on the PCV.

I do ride in the wet weather during the summer, and i dont want to ruin the thing

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, is this the new style of the dynateks? Looks like there is no wire to tap into? or is this something different. i ordered mine from Dl700 with the Custom Curves

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
As long as you aren't submerging your bike you should be ok. I have mine in the same spot, you put yours, never had any issues, and I have ridden through some really hard downpours, and some nasty mud. Make sure you put all your little rubber plugs back in the usb ports etc, if you have them out.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
I mounted mine in front up under the hood on the left side. It's well protected up there and it's not gona get any water unless you submerge it up to the bars! :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
I also put my PC5 in the tool kit location...I wrappep it up in a clean towel just to be sure

1 - 6 of 6 Posts