Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so i have a 04 raptor and im havin problems with the clutch, when i pull it in and the machine is in gear, my raptor dont move, like the clutch is supposed to be like neutral when you pull it in if its in gear but it dont move. soooo what do i got going on? because i can see the clutch itself not the clutch lever but the actual clutch movin but the machine dont move

·
Registered
435 Posts
the atv will not move with the lever pulled in.

·
Registered
113 Posts
so what does the atv do when the clutch lever isn't pulled in?

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Yeah, I'm kinda confused by the OP, because to me it said the same thing twice. Did anyone else read that the way I did too? And I agree, the bike will not move when you have the clutch pulled in. At least it shouldn't, haha. If it does, something is wrong.

·
Master of the Electron
15,679 Posts
haha come on im not that stupid

Sorry, but from the question it's hard to tell!

The quad is NOT supposed to move when you have the clutch lever pulled... the clutch engages and the quad moves only when in gear AND with the clutch lever RELEASED.

Did you mean to say, instead, that when in gear the quad won't move when the clutch lever has been released? If so, then it is likely that your clutch plates are worn out and need to be replaced.

·
Registered
65 Posts
the clutch lever being pulled in pretty much separates power from the rest of the driveline.
Doesnt get much simpler than that.
Ill bet the chain fell off....

·
Registered
435 Posts
check the blinker fluid and muffler bearing....

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
sledneck, that's not very nice! I'm sure that stuff is all fine! He doesn't need to check that stuff out for this problem, lol.

·
Registered
435 Posts
sledneck, that's not very nice! I'm sure that stuff is all fine! He doesn't need to check that stuff out for this problem, lol.
oh yeah thats for when the jetting is not right...lol

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Lol, clearly. And this is clearly NOT a jetting problem. So disregard the blinker fluid and muffler bearing suggestions. Sheesh, I tell ya some people...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you guys all read that wrong, the fricken clutch, should i give you a run down? ok i will. when your riding the wheeler or dirtbike you pull the clutch in to shift, you still with me or i need to explain that to? well the wheeler is OFF and is in gear when you pull the clutch lever in it is supposed to move, BUT IT DOESNT. do you guys understand now? i am asking why it doesnt move when i pulL the clutch lever in WITH IT IN GEAR WHEN IT IS OFF. BECAUSE I NEED TO MOVE IT BUT TO LAZY TO PUT IN NEUTRAL

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got it. when the quad is sitting in your garage, and you need somthing off the shelf behind it. You, walk up to the quad it is in gear, you shrug shoulders, pull the clutch in and shove the quad! But alas! the quad does not move. Your clutch cable is too loose. Tighten it up and you should be good.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Couple things here high speed. First, this whole attitude deal isn't the way to get help with the issue you are having with your quad. Second, if every one of us to this point couldn't figure out what it was you were trying to say, maybe it wasn't US that needed the rundown, but rather YOU needed to slow down and actually explain in proper English what the actual problem is. Your response right above mine is the first time you mentioned that you are trying to move your quad while the motor is off and it's in gear. It could also be that you just don't have the clutch pulled in far enough to engage it. Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to just put the quad in neutral, then you don't have to concentrate so much on holding the clutch in at all. Problem solved. And again, to re-iterate, in the future, when you have an issue, don't be a smartass and expect a nice response. Nobody understood your issue.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i may be new here, but i think this thread should just be closed at this point. After english was used the question was answered. Anything beyond this is just going to be a big drama fest. I like this forum because you dont normally see that here...
Just saying...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts