Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been paging through the threads here to find a good brand of bearings to use with no luck. I have 4 660 carriers that need new axle bearings. Just curious to know what some of you guys use or what you would recommend. Rocky Mountain has some Pivot Works bearings..... those any good?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I've used Pivot works and Quad Boss. no complaints form either.

I've used Moose before too.

I've also used All Balls on my R1 and GSXR and they seemed like they were/are good quality too.

They are all pretty similar in quality but maybe not price.

Just FYI Raptor and Banshee carrier bearings are the same and some year Blasters, just incase you find some clearanced!

From my Quad Boss package.
YFS200 BLASTER 2003-2006
YFZ350 BANSHEE 1989-2006
YFM660R RAPTOR 660 2001-2005

Just FYI Pivot works has different part numbers for each of thier bearing kits but they ARE the same.

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
I'm happy with pivot works, gotta thousand or so hard miles on mine now and they still seem good.

·
Registered
190 Posts
FYI just picked up some a arm bearings for my 700, pivot works offers life time warrenty on some of there bearings now. worth looking into

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
It's kinda hot or miss with all balls. I've had some last forever and some that don't last 1 month.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
If I remember correctly, I was told that Moose and All Balls bearings were the exact same thing, just in their respective packaging. Of course, I'd be willing to bet that is the case with a large majority of the parts that different companies offer. They probably all come from the same place and get put in the correct packaging, lol.

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
I got 3 years out the All Balls on my 700. I need to change them right now maybe this week.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
When i did my bearings and seals i took the old ones to my local bearing shop and got them. The yamaha dealer wanted 28 bucks a piece for bearings and i got two for like 24 at the bearing shop.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Skf 6007-2rs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts