Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i removed my rear shock to have it rebuilt and noticed the axles were able to wiggle a little up and down while swingarm is stationary. is this normal or am i in need of some repairs.

if i am in need of repair is it hard to do and is there any upgrades i should consider while i have it apart.

·
Registered
701 Posts
You may have some bearings that are bad. I would get rid of the stock axle and buy after market and depending on the age of ur bike possibly new sprockets and chain. Just my .02

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got it all apart and bearings are in need of replacement but have no play in them, so is it normal to have a little wiggle to it? and is the carrier suppose to be greased?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
got it all apart and bearings are in need of replacement but have no play in them, so is it normal to have a little wiggle to it? and is the carrier suppose to be greased?
Thar should be no play in the rear axle. I did my axle bearings a while back, not to hard.Jack up the rear just so the rear tires are of the ground & grab your rear tires & give em a good shaking , If there is ANY play then you need to either tighten the axle nut (if it's loose) or change the axle bearing's . & yes you should grease the carrier.
If yours is all apart so I would just change em.
Good luck..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts