Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
NewJerseyRaptor said:
How do you remove stock rear bearing carrier? I have removed the 2 bolts but not coming out? :3question:
I'm assuming you've backed the carrier adjustment bolts out of the way already to get the chain off and axle/sprocket assembly out.

The plate on the right side of the carrier (where the rear brake is mounted) comes off away from the swingarm. It'll probably take some effort. Once that's off the carrier it should slide out the other side (sprocket side). If it doesn't it has probably been in there too long without lubrication and has corroded up. It'll take even more effort to get it out then.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys :thumbsup: It took alot of effort!!! had to wack the thing for 10 minutes to just see it budg. It was corroded on the inside. i will clean it up and anti sez it when reassymbling. How do you ge the bearings out of the carrier? small pipe and hammer?? or puller??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.