Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got an 05 350 Raptor. The carrier bearings went out and ruined the axle and the housing the bearing sit in. So I bought aftermarket parts off of eBay mainly because it’s a 05. All this being said. I cannot get the rear brake caliper to mount in the proper location. It’s seems to be 2” where it should be. where it well grab the rotor. Am I missing something or should I look into alternative mounts?

Attachments

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,587 Posts
I’ve got an 05 350 Raptor. The carrier bearings went out and ruined the axle and the housing the bearing sit in. So I bought aftermarket parts off of eBay mainly because it’s a 05. All this being said. I cannot get the rear brake caliper to mount in the proper location. It’s seems to be 2” where it should be. where it well grab the rotor. Am I missing something or should I look into alternative mounts?
I'm not a expert on 350's, but is the sprocket hub (other side) seated in the seal and on the axle proper? There may be a round snap ring seated in a grove in the axle to hold it. Or, could the rotor be mounted on the wrong side of the hub, or the hub backwards?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update. Just figured out the carrier is not the correct one for this atv. Although it does fit. the brackets welded to the carrier are not in the correct place. Now I play the waiting game.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts