Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the allen hex screw that hold on the mounting plate and there is the other bolt on the mounting plate. When I changed out the brake pads it gave me trouble. Every thing was going fine until I tried to get the cal back on. It slide down the rotor until it hit the little nipple on the mounting plate. It looks like u should be able to adjust that back. I've check in the service manuals but they don't give a clear picture of whats going with the mounting plate:confused:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Not sure if this is related to your issue but,

I noticed my rear caliper was sticking and i couldnt get that plate to be springy.There was crud caked up under the rubber boots.So i loosened the nut(pic #1) and spun the plate downward to pull out the other side(pic#2). Pulled out the whole plate the the rod that is connected to it. cleaned out the holes regreased and reassembled. Now it works as good as new. Just wished i remembered to grab my camera before i put it all back together. And questions feel free to ask.
Pic #1

Pic #2

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that might work. I tried to loosen the one with the Allen head and it had a rubber boot on each side but was not sure what I was going to get into. I wished I had a parts breakdown on the caliper

·
Registered
941 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On the 04 its alittle different but basicly the same but what does that do? Does it move once installed? Thats what has me puzzled

·
Registered
941 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So if my plate is not moving this could be why my outside pad wore out so quick. I thought it was the parking brake which I have now removed. or is it a combination of both?

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
No its most likely because its not sliding freely on the pin. It should wear evenly wether its the park brake or the hydraulic brakes. You should be able to remove the pin and grease it so it slides.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts