Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aight so I put new pads in and went to bleed the system and stripped out the bleeder threads, got a new bleeder and tried it again and went a lil too snug on it and stripped the threads on the inside of the caliper, oops :mad: It's $200-$300 for a new one, can I just re-tap it to say 9mm cuz the stock bleeder is 7-8mm threads.....or can i put a sleeve in ? Not sure where I can find the sleeve or larger bleeder to match the taper on the inside, I dunno...I'm tryin to find a used caliper for sale w/ minimal luck :(

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm sure you could drill and retap to a larger thread. Just make sure you dont get any of the chips in the caliper body. Doing this will require you to disassemble the entire caliper. If I was in your situation, I'd be looking for a used YFZ 450 dual piston rear caliper. Good luck!

Frank

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not familiar w/ the yfz's. Will this bolt right on to mine and will brake fluid and parking brake lines be fine ?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I changed the brake pads twice and i didnt have to bleed them, next time you change them dont loosen up the bleeder screw, just open up the cap off of the brake fluid reservoir and push in the piston and no air will get into the brake line. That is the way that I do it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
devildog_0431 said:
I'm not familiar w/ the yfz's. Will this bolt right on to mine and will brake fluid and parking brake lines be fine ?
I'm pretty sure the bolt patterns and geometry are the same.

Frank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts