Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have hit a rock with my rear brake disk and bent it pretty good. Can anyone provide a link of where to get a new one besides the dealer? I'm gonna check the dealer tomorrow to see how much they want.

·
Registered
584 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Be careful when you change it cause those allen wrench bolts they use on it strip super easy. I know cause I have two strip bolts and a bent rotor on my quad. :mad:

Not to change the subject but is there an easy cheap way to remove a stripped allen wrench bolt?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just put a new rotor on my quad this weekend. I got it from the dealer and it was only $38.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Teraflx said:
Be careful when you change it cause those allen wrench bolts they use on it strip super easy. I know cause I have two strip bolts and a bent rotor on my quad. :mad:

Not to change the subject but is there an easy cheap way to remove a stripped allen wrench bolt?
I always use a little dremel cutting wheel and cut a nice deep cut in the side of the bolt and get a chisel and hammer. Dont forget to spray some oil on it and let it sit and just hammer away.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
chpsk8er630 said:
I always use a little dremel cutting wheel and cut a nice deep cut in the side of the bolt and get a chisel and hammer. Dont forget to spray some oil on it and let it sit and just hammer away.
How do I get the threaded part of the bolt out then? Since it will be stuck in there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Teraflx said:
chpsk8er630 said:
How do I get the threaded part of the bolt out then? Since it will be stuck in there.
I use a easeout tool.....................Drill a hole in center and insert the easeout............it has sharp edge that bits into the metal so that you can turn the bad allen screw out....................easeout's come in all sizes...........go to any tool store and some auto parts store to find them

·
Registered
182 Posts
Teraflx said:
chpsk8er630 said:
OK you didnt understand what i was describing. I cut a slit into the side of the bolt so i can hit it with a chisel and do that to turn it counterclockwise. I dont mean hit the head off.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
You can buy a factory 2007 drilled style disk for under $30 online.

·
Registered
126 Posts
texzin said:
Teraflx said:
chpsk8er630 said:
I use a easeout tool.....................Drill a hole in center and insert the easeout............it has sharp edge that bits into the metal so that you can turn the bad allen screw out....................easeout's come in all sizes...........go to any tool store and some auto parts store to find them
If the bolt is so frozen the head rounded out, trying an E-Z out will only result in a siezed bolt with a piece of ultra-hard steel broken off in it. This is also refereed to as "being really skrewed" or FUBAR'd

I would try the dremel cut first. If that fails, drill it out. Use a left hand flute bit just a bit smaller than the root diameter of the bolt, keep it centered, and drill straight and true. Odds are the bolt will break loose as you drill. If not, the remnants of thread left behind can be picked out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
mws said:
texzin said:
Teraflx said:
chpsk8er630 said:
If the bolt is so frozen the head rounded out, trying an E-Z out will only result in a siezed bolt with a piece of ultra-hard steel broken off in it. This is also refereed to as "being really skrewed" or FUBAR'd

I would try the dremel cut first. If that fails, drill it out. Use a left hand flute bit just a bit smaller than the root diameter of the bolt, keep it centered, and drill straight and true. Odds are the bolt will break loose as you drill. If not, the remnants of thread left behind can be picked out.
I use a e- z out in bigger problems all the time.........If drilling will loosen the bolt a e-z out will work...........the problem with drilling is.........most times it is hard to keep drill centered resulting in damaged treads

1 - 13 of 13 Posts