Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site here and man what a wealth of knowledge. Maybe someone can help me. I have reciently purchased a 2002 Raptor and intermittently the rear brake locks up. When you touch the caliper it is very hot. If I wait 15 min it cools off enough you can go again or if I release the bleeder valve the pads let go. I have no parking brake and reciently had the recall done on the master cylinder for the air bubbles. There is a Galfer rotor which does not look bent. Do you thimnk the caliper is bad? Any ideas?? Do I need to do anything with the parking brake sensor? Unhook? If so which wires do I unplug. Any suggestions whould be very appreciated.
Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I have the the parking brake block off. The weird thing is I can go for hours and no problem. Stop for a bit go again and within the first 5 minutes I can feel it starting to seize up. I will get off and either wait till it cools or release the bleeder valve and then be fine again until it decides to do it again. This is baffling me.
Tim

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
There was a recall on the rear brakes for the 660 raptors, you may want to get a hold of your local dealer and have them take care of you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.