Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

I've always been able to do brake pads but anything beyond that is new to me when it comes to the brake system. Does anyone know if the mounting bracket that is attached to the caliper is supposed to slide...the bracket is hitting the rotor before the brake pad does......any ideas appreciated.

Max

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
firstraptor,

thanks for the reply.

if you look at your caliper you'll notice the brass plate bolted to the mount of the swingarm....well, this brass plate is hitting the rotor before the pad does(you'll understand if you get down and look at yours. I've figured it out.....the caliper actually slides on two pins and floats...well, my caliper is stuck wide open on the pins not allowing it to float back in position to allow the pads to hit the rotor. Who needs back brakes anyway, right?? cheers,

Max

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no...plain and simple, its stuck. I just got back from a three day riding weekend and this bike is a spare 660. My buddy ended up using it all weekend as his couldn't start. He had no back brakes and survived but its a bit rough when your going down some steep declined dunes....scary as hell actually!!! I'm going to tear into the caliper this week. thanks guys for all advice,

max

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
If you watch the YFZ forums thoes guys are takeing the right front YFZ caliper and putting it on the back with limited modifications.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts