Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a 2005 Raptor 350. The guy said the rear brakes need new pads and I was fine with that, it would be easy to install new pads. However, after I was done, I tried pumping the brakes and everything. The brake lever will go down all the way with no pressure, and I get no activity from the brake caliper. Is there anything I can do to fix this. I really don't want to get a new caliper because from what I see it'll be over 200 dollars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just recently bought a 2005 Raptor 350. The guy said the rear brakes need new pads and I was fine with that, it would be easy to install new pads. However, after I was done, I tried pumping the brakes and everything. The brake lever will go down all the way with no pressure, and I get no activity from the brake caliper. Is there anything I can do to fix this. I really don't want to get a new caliper because from what I see it'll be over 200 dollars.
By any chance did you check the brake fluid? Also bleed the brakes?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
The master cylinder, and or caliper needs a rebuild kit, new seals, springs, cups.
About $15 for MC, $15 for caliper.
All you need is snap-ring pliers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The master cylinder, and or caliper needs a rebuild kit, new seals, springs, cups.
About $15 for MC, $15 for caliper.
All you need is snap-ring pliers.
How hard is it to rebuild? Coming from someone with little to no mechanical experience.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I checked the brake fluid and it was full. My dad said he bled the brakes but idk if he did it right so I'll have to try it myself.
How hard is it to rebuild? Coming from someone with little to no mechanical experience.
Simple, as said, snap-ring pliers, with a spring and seal in the MC, and seals in caliper.
Very self explanatory.
And, the caliper usually leaks if it's seal is bad, but the MC will leak internally and not build pressure.
If the brakes won't bleed, rebuild the MC first, it's quick and easy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Simple, as said, snap-ring pliers, with a spring and seal in the MC, and seals in caliper.
Very self explanatory.
And, the caliper usually leaks if it's seal is bad, but the MC will leak internally and not build pressure.
If the brakes won't bleed, rebuild the MC first, it's quick and easy.

Yeahhh i think i should just get a new master cylinder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts