Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im changing brakes and i can't get the piston to collapse enough to make way for the new pads. i am gonna try tomorrow and use a c-clamp. how did u guyz get the piston to collapse?

·
Registered
364 Posts
open the bleeder and allow the fluid to come out as you push in the piston....should be able to do it with your fingers.....top off the fluid and bleed the brake when you're done.. good luck,

Max

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have tried that also and it did not work. this is the first time i changed the brakes and its an 04. do you think all the dirt could have gotten in there and wont allow the piston to go down?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks like im going to have to run with out the parking brake, i can't get the adjuster bolt to move. so do i just leave the adjuster bolt out and put the case back on? or just leave the case off also?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
parking block off plate... modquad makes them, as do other companies. Check out albaaction.com

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thankz for the hizelp, finally fixed it yesterday when my parking block off plate came in. now it stops like a champ lolz.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.