Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not enough room between the break shoes to fit on the caliper.. WTF

doing the breaks for the first time on the 350 raptor. Thought it was going to take 15 min but sure enough an hour later and i still can not get the breaks to fit on the caliper. extended the piston all the way out cleaned around it and then compressed it, removed the E break hook up, cleaned around where the pads go and pried the pads in and there is still not enough room between the break shoes to fit back on the caliper. Is there some other adjustment I am missing?

Also got new front rims and changing the rears for a new set of Kenda Klaws. Can wait to try my new tires out but this break thing is really holding me up

·
Registered
893 Posts
May have to back the parking brake adjusting bolt out. I would back it out a long ways then after you get it all assembled, adjust it accordingly.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Just did my brakes yesterday. Make sure it isnt frozen first. Like Midway said, adjust the parking brake bolt far out, depress the caliper and try to put it back on. I had this problem with my Kawasaki. It wouldn't open up enough and I ended up ordering a new caliper.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Backed out the E break bolt and they slipped right on. also did a bit of adjusting and now my e break finally works. -- thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts