Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So some background on the problem. One day parking brake stopped working. If you pull the cable it looks like everything is working on the caliper but it does not grab. I said f-it and didnt worry about it. About 2-3 rides later the rear brake got real weak. It will slow you down but will not lock up the wheels. So i went and put new pads on(old ones were worn about half way) and bleed the brakes. If a push the rear brake the piston will come out and go back in. The problem is the piston needs to be out about a 1/4 more. So the pads dont even touch the rotor. What am i overlooking:mad: was planning on riding today. :(

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also i tried to unscrew piston to get it to stick out a little further and it did not come out. should it?

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
also i tried to unscrew piston to get it to stick out a little further and it did not come out. should it?
Yes , try to unscrew it more.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it just spins freely either direction now. its all the way in. But if i push the brakes it comes out then goes back in like its working.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya i guess its stripped out. my buddy has a yfz450 caliper. will it fit?

·
Registered
54 Posts
My rear seems pretty weak as well. Put new pads on it. Had to screw the piston way in to get the pads on.

Almost seems like a pedal positioning problem. Not spongy like it needs bled, but you have to push the pedal WAY down to get any real stopping power from it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts