Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the middle of the complete replacement of my rappy's rear end. In the process of trying to do brakes, I have noticed that the rear caliper won't move on the bolts/pins and because of this, I can't put my new brake pads in. I don't mean the pins that the pads slide on, I'm talking about hte ones that hold the caliper to the mounting bracket. Any ideas or suggestions? I tried leaning on the allen head bolt, but I'm afraid I'm going to strip it out. I tried a little heat, but the rubber boot almost caught fire. The lower bolt/pin that has a 12mm head between the caliper and the bracket I can get loose, just not the upper one with the 6mm allen head. I have a big trip planned this weekend and it's going to suck with no rear brake. :mad:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
had the same problem after I was rear ended and the other ridier bent the slider pins..pretty much had to drill them out. I took the ones from my front calipers I'm not using anymore and fit them in, they're not a perfect fit, but they will work. I don't know why I did that since I'm more than likely going to a dual piston rear set-up anyways...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.