Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi! i'm new here. and have have done some research on my problem and couldn't find anything maybe i missed something or wasn't looking hard enough so i thought maybe i could ask you guys for some help. i own an 01 yamaha raptor 660. last week i went riding for three days in a row and the third day the chain seemed to be extremly loose towards the end of the day. so me and my buddy tighten the chain up and went back out riding about a half hour later i started hearing a squeel coming from the rear in (it sounded like a dieing pig). so we decided to pack thing up be4 i did any more damage we made sure when tightening the chain up we kept every thing straight we might of miss counted but i don't think so. but i was wondering what could be making this sound so i could fix it and get back to riding. it's way too much fun. and hate having down time. i can tell you it's not a rock stuck in the rear break. or the break pads sticking. idk if i could be the beardings in the rear or what if u need video of where it's comeing from or of the sound i can supply that. any and all help will be apperciated. thanks guys. safe ridings!

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
lift up the back and see if the axle bearings are shot....wiggle the axle around and if there is any movment they're bad. also did you loosten the bearing carrier bolts when you adjusted the chain? I forgot to do it once and the carrier bolt cme loose and popped out into my sprocket hub it made a lot of noise before it finally jammed into the hub and stopped me dead. I thought I locked up the tranny

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'll go cheack that now. and yea i loosend up the carrier bolt (those are the 17mm bolts behind the rotor?) and then tighten them back down.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Axle bearing for sure. The chain keeps coming loose because the bearing keep coming out. Start tearing it down and see if you can just do bearings or if you need a new carrier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there is up and down play but the there is no side to side play if thats any help i'm tearing down now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys thats exsacly what it is it's chewed up prety bad. and came apart suprisingly easier then i thought. not much to the rear end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts