Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear end is kicking to the right on a good launch or under hard acceleration. I first noticed it doing this on my last trip to the dunes back in September dragging on flat ground. I haven't rode hardly at all this winter. Playing in the snow just isn't that much fun to me any more on a quad. Today it was nice so i went for a spin. If i get on it hard in the snow it just goes sideways. "Always to the right" I got out on the road and did a dozen or so launches. Doesn't do it if i feather the clutch and doesn't seem to do it as much on the pavement. But i'm not dumping the clutch completely ether. On dry grass/dirt ground, not that i could really find any, it def kicks right. I checked the tire pressure. But quickly realized that it was doing it at the dunes with my paddles on. I even switched back to the stock tires to give it a try. Still the same results. I jacked up the rear and put it in gear to check to see if the axel is true. Its straight. Could it be a carrier bearing issue? The singer is stock. I've never rolled it or anything so that something could be bent or cockeyed. Could my suspension be to soft? It tends to carry the front slightly if i don't feather the clutch real good. I'm kinda puzzled.

·
Registered
296 Posts
swing arm bushings? maybe bad axle bearing.

·
Registered
249 Posts
When I had G- force extended hubs the splines started stripping, and I would get shot off to one side until they just stripped completely, I dont know if this is possible with stock hubs?

·
Registered
104 Posts
You said you tried paddles too but check for equal tire pressures. May also check for brakes hanging on one side.

·
Registered
615 Posts
One ass check fatter than the other???

Just teasing because of your sig lol

I am with Iwannnaride93, I would check my swingarm and carrier bearings. If you had a brake hanging it should pull all the time, not just when you dump the clutch.

·
Registered
119 Posts
You said you tried paddles too but check for equal tire pressures. May also check for brakes hanging on one side.
This. I notice that if the front end comes up and one rear tire has more air in it than the other, it will always slowly change direction to the tire with the least air in it.

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked the wheel base. It measures even. I disconnected the shock and lifted the axle up and down to see it I could feel any dragging or hang up of the swing are bearings. Feels smooth. How else could I tell if the bearings are bad other than to tear it apart? The carrier bearings feel good and smooth. While I had the shock disconnected, I flipped the link just for the hell of it. It just hooked harder. I'm at a loss here.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you went through and check all your bearing and everything moved well and there was no play then I doubt that is your problem. Did you check the splines on both sides and make sure one side is not woore more than the other and slipping. My raptor is tempermental. If I'm not sitting exactly straight it will pull the oppisite way

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The bike is straight the front tires are straight when I launch. I know that's not an issue as it always goes to the right. I took off the wheels and measured the wheel base again to get a very good accurate reading. Measured front to back and cris cross front to back. Its even. Thought the swing arm hing pin could be crooked. Didn't think it would be as everything measures true. Pulled it out and its straight. Any other ideas? You got any other input Chris?

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
??? let someone else try it. see if it happens with them on it. ???

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
??? let someone else try it. see if it happens with them on it. ???
I could but no one else knos my bike like I do and I know it's not normal. That and my closest riding buddy is an hour away.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Cross the rear tires. If they are not directional. If that dont work, bring it to SL on the 2nd of April and a few of us can take a look at it. After racing of course.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Another thought is while you have a jack in the center of the front, make sure both front tires are the same distance off the ground, then check the preload on the front shocks.

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another thought is while you have a jack in the center of the front, make sure both front tires are the same distance off the ground, then check the preload on the front shocks.
Thats my next step to check over the front end much closer. But for now my cold, *cough* *cough* "hangover" *cough*, is keeping me on the couch.

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cross the rear tires. If they are not directional. If that dont work, bring it to SL on the 2nd of April and a few of us can take a look at it. After racing of course.
Sure after watching you guys race cause it's pointless to even try my STOCK bike up against..... well, all of ya. But seriously I can't make it there quite yet. I'll deff be there for the rally

1 - 19 of 19 Posts