Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
21-12-8 would be better, no comparison. In an 8 extreme. Assuming you’re around stock power on a stock swingarm.
This is what I use except in the Hauler. I have used sand sharks in a 10 inch rim, Sandstars in a 9 inch rim and Skat Trak Haulers in a 8 inch and by far the 8 inch rim gives you a lot more float and a smoother ride.

·
Registered
669 Posts
If you run lower pressures in the sand like I do 8's have way too much sidewall flex. I guess maybe they work for straight line shooters but for the riding I do not so much. Plus trying to polish 8 inch wheels suck ;)

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
If you run lower pressures in the sand like I do 8's have way too much sidewall flex. I guess maybe they work for straight line shooters but for the riding I do not so much. Plus trying to polish 8 inch wheels suck ;)
If you have to run air pressure so low that the sidewall isn’t stable on a tire that size, you’ve got the wrong paddle count.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How many psi is low? Just curious as to what range of psi guys run in the sand for different riding.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts