Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to raise the ride height in the rear of my Raptor. It sags a hair below level when I sit on it. I only need to raise it about a half inch to a inch and have plenty adjustment left in my shock. Will I be able to get this out of my shock?

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright thanks man.

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You think I should use a spring compressor to take some pressure off the spring? Or does it turn pretty easy without it?

·
Registered
120 Posts
if you take the quad and put on a stand,to let swing-arm drop down till all possible pressure is off spring,it would be easier to turn threaded collar.you shouldn't need spring compresser.

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last question before I try this. Anything I should know about this? Anything like reverse threading or some kind of oddity? Best way to do it? Do I need to buy a spanner wrench or is there other method?

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Put it on a stand like the other guy said then if you don't have a spanner then take something flat and a hammer and knock the top flat nut loose, once loose you should be able to turn it by hand i always did. Then knock the top nut back tight and your done

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm just shooting for it to be level. As it sits right now its a little low in the rear with me on it, not by much though.

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, I'm going to mess with it tomorrow. One of the neighbors kids brought his TRX over and needed some help with it so I gave him a hand. If the weather works out for me I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Once you have the top nut loose and all the pressure off, grab the spring itself instead of trying to turn the top, it should turn pretty easy.

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Finally got around to doing this. I raised compressed the rear spring about 1/2 inch and expanded the front about 1 inch. Sits perfect now. I only road it for a short time after but it seems to keep the front down alot better and handles ever better. Now I just need to fine tune it and hopefully she'll do alot better in the curves and ride height.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts