Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my fellow raptor brothers and sisters! The time has come to where the stock suspension is no longer any use for my riding style. Ive recently come across some i shock F8 piggyback shocks for my front which are already installed. I love them! They work great but the rear shock REALLLLLLY sucks. Im 235 lbs and i was wondering what a budget shock upgrade would be? Sending it in and paying 300+ for a stock shock upgrade seems steep to me! I came across this on ebay. Just wondering what the reviews on this are. Its a works shock. it has the remote rezzie but i can deal with that, i own an 05. LMK your thoughts!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WORK...109481QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
559 Posts
Your best budget upgrade for the rear is going to be to have the stock one rebuilt, valved and sprung for your weight and style. That e bay shock would need to be resprung for your weight with gear on and it does not have a compression adjustment and may not have a rebound adjuster either. Getting the stock rear redone will be money well spent.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Yea I would take a rebuild stock shock over a works rear. When I got my +2 swing arm I was originally going to have my stock stock revalved and sprung. Race Tech gold vavle the whole ball of wax. Well instead of spending 500 bucks on a stock shock build I got an elka rear. That way I could aslo run their long travel shock linkage. Going from 8 or 8.5 inches to 11-11.5 inches of rear wheel travel is huge. The only down side is you have to really lift the rear end up to get it out of a hole.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Hello my fellow raptor brothers and sisters! The time has come to where the stock suspension is no longer any use for my riding style. Ive recently come across some i shock F8 piggyback shocks for my front which are already installed.
Did you get the F8 shocks off of eBay? I was bidding on them things if they are the one I think.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your best budget upgrade for the rear is going to be to have the stock one rebuilt, valved and sprung for your weight and style. That e bay shock would need to be resprung for your weight with gear on and it does not have a compression adjustment and may not have a rebound adjuster either. Getting the stock rear redone will be money well spent.
Is there any kit out there that i can buy to rebuild the shock myself? Or where is the cheapest place to have the shock worked over? The stocker just isnt cutting it, im bottoming out on 5 ft jumps

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
The ones that sold for 217? If so, yes that was me ;-)
That would be them lol That was a steal for those. I was gonna :sniper:snipe ya bad but I'm glad I didn't I used the cash in other places. Did they look good. It almost seemed to good of a deal...

As far as rebuilding the shock I would send it out and have it done... One of the sponsors does it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would be them lol That was a steal for those. I was gonna :sniper:snipe ya bad but I'm glad I didn't I used the cash in other places. Did they look good. It almost seemed to good of a deal...

As far as rebuilding the shock I would send it out and have it done... One of the sponsors does it.
I sent a guy an email to see how much its going to cost me. Im glad i won those shocks, ive been looking for some shocks for about 6 months now. They are in excellent condition for sure. He told me he only used them for one summer. A few scratches on the stickers and thats about it. Thanks for letting me win ;-). Atleast you know they went to a fellow member!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Makes me feel better they went to someone who was on here for sure. I would like to get some upgraded suspension on day but my YFZ shocks will have to work for now.
I lucked up and im not trying to rub it in your face man. I was so excited when i won those shocks. I was almost as excited as the day i bought my raptor ;-)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah they were a damn good deal. I figured if I bid on them I would get into a bidding war and I needed a piston more anyway. You were still running stock pogo??? or not.
I was on the stock pogos. Ive only driven about 3 minutes with these on so idk the real effect. I surely need a rear shock rebuild though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.