Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have to replace my bent axle. So I was thinking while I have it apart should I relace the rear sprocket and if so should I stay stock or change the teeth to a Lower or higher count? What will this do for me if anything? I ride mostly trails with some dunes.
New chain too if so what size and what brand is best?

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
If your gonna change the rear do the front too do them as a set cause if the rear is worn the front is too i would do the chain also a good o or x ring chain will be good for you. The stock gearing works really well on most levels of hp but if you want to change it its your bike. I would do the front vs the rear sprocket though its easier to change, a 13 tooth will give you more tq but shorten your gears a 15 tooth will have a less tq but lengthen your gears more top end

·
Registered
415 Posts
i had a 13t on mine and i was shifting alot!!! and it was just reving out so fast i couldn't really get good traction. went back to a 14t and from the very limited riding i have done, it seemed to help. BUT i haven't gotten out onto the trails yet with my new build.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a 13t on mine right now and I love it. Yea you have to shitft a lot but it makes things interesting instead of lugging in any gear I want lol. 13t and a good set of tires that hook up well in the dirl means a lot of fun lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts