Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stiffened up the rear shock and wow... what a difference. I wish I haden't waited this long to dial in my suspension. I would suggest to anyone that buys a new bike to definitely take the little bit of time it takes to get the suspension right for you. It will make your ride much more fun.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
So... tell us what you did? What do you weigh, what is you riding style? .......?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in the fatso category weighing in around 225 lbs. It seemed like the bike would "squish" back every time I hit the throttle. It just felt squirelly. I took the suggestion from some combined other threads posted here and pulled out the big screwdriver and hammer. I started by loosening the top ring and then whack whack whacked the bottom ring in a clockwise direction (well I guess that depends on how you are looking at it, but when looking down it was clockwise). Tightened the top back down and took some measurements. From what I've read sag should be 20-30 percent when you sit on it with full gear. Mine's actually a little less than 20 (but I'm not sure if the 20-30 is from fully extended, or sitting normally). In any case, I'm at about 18 percent difference from the quad sitting by itself. Just took a quick ride around the yard, as it was getting dark and I currently don't have any headlights 8)

Anyhow. I've read other posts that talk about "clicks". I'm not sure what's considered a click or I'd tell you how many I turned it to help out the other 200+ guys here.

Forgot riding style... I'm mostly a field/trail rider, with some sand riding thrown in during the summer months. I haven't taken a jump with it dialed this way... that'll be the real test.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Mine is all the way in and back out 2 clicks, perfect for me and I weight 160is with my stuff on :thumbsup:. I MX mine though ;)

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i'm going to have to look into that, i have been wanting to do some changes to mine, i hit a small jump and bottomed out last time i went out, i weigh 260ish,and i suppose 270 with gear? maybe . ....and yeah, it feels way to soft , sinks a lotttt when i get on, so i know i need to stiffen it up..next time i ride i will have to, infact i might try to stiffen it tonight as many "clicks" as it will go,and then go down from there when i'm out riding..., anyone else as fat as me already do theirs?...i do like the soft ride it gives where it's at now...but i reallly don't want to bottom out that easy. i bet i only got like 4 feet of air...

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Im 5.5 to 6ft in the air in my sig, depending on how hard I hit the jump behind me and I dont bottom out. When I borrow someones quad at the track to ride, I get on it and jump up and down on it and adjust the suspension until it gows up and down evenly for a base setting and then I fine tune on the track- If I ride it for a long period if I go through the trouble. Ypu want the rebound pretty quick on the front to set ya up for the next bump/jump and the rebound slower on the rear so not to pogo you off on a hard landing. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
287 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
Mine is all the way in and back out 2 clicks, perfect for me and I weight 160is with my stuff on :thumbsup:. I MX mine though ;)
im about in the same category. is that the compession or the rebound adjustment?

·
Registered
287 Posts
cool thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts