Raptor Forum banner

Rear swingarm shock bracket mod

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  pewterpecker 
#1 ·
It was suggested to me, on another forum, that I flip the bracket at the bottom of the rear shock over. I did it, and I pushed down on the quad and sat on it and everything seems fine, but I haven't ridden it since I flipped it.

But someone on this forum warned me of possible problems with this mod.

So is it yay or nay?

#4 ·
30 feet but how high

How much is your suspension compressing on the landing? If its a low air table top or something...you should be ok. I wouldnt get more than 2 feet off the ground.

#6 ·
I flipped mine, It works well for little jumps, handling, but on my first big jump after flipping it, I snapped a bolt and bent the piss out of the bracket..shackle whatever its called. It has some sort of clearance issues when you fully compress the shock (like on big jumps),..that I found out the hard way. My aftermarket skid plate didn't let the bolt back out enough for it to let the shock come off or that would have been real bad!

Its not so much the geometry of the set-up as it is with the issue of clearance.
although, as twistedwedge stated the geometry of the new set-up will change slightly. The shock mount holes do change postion slightly when flipped, which means the holes are slightly offset...which means you slightly changed the lever ratio on your rear end. I don't think its enough to worry about, but others my say different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.