Raptor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Waiting for my friend to come help mate the cases. And to double check my work. Does the counter balance align with the crank once the cases are mated?
No,there's some dots you have to aligned in the gears....here is a picture because I'm going through the same build my self right now.....So you kinda have to guide the counter balance shaft with your hand through the hole where the rod comes out of!!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thats as far as it digs into the teeth on the crank gear. Is this normal or they send me the wrong chain? On a video I’m watching chain looks way more snug than mine.
Wow that looks like there's some teeth on the bottom that are way off and are not grabbing as it should!!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
It’s like the teeth aren’t sinking into the chain how it’s suppose to so not sure if I got the wrong chain from them. Had trouble finding info on the chain too.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
The manual calls for a piece of aluminum (soft metal, i used a US 5 cent nickel) wedged between the counterbalancer gear and the primary drive gear

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,178 Posts
The manual calls for a piece of aluminum (soft metal, i used a US 5 cent nickel) wedged between the counterbalancer gear and the primary drive gear

I'm cheap, so I use a penny. And it softer then a nickel.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Lol that’s some funny shit. Cheapest tool ever. I’ve been following motogp video of resemble and it’s pretty detailed. Do I have to start with building the clutch side or can I put head on, cam, and do timing chain first. I’m just more comfortable knowing the chain is on first. Especially having to loctite everything on flywheel install.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Lol that’s some funny shit. Cheapest tool ever. I’ve been following motogp video of resemble and it’s pretty detailed. Do I have to start with building the clutch side or can I put head on, cam, and do timing chain first. I’m just more comfortable knowing the chain is on first. Especially having to loctite everything on flywheel install.
You can build the engine first and the clutch after, as the clutch and basket can be repaired or replaced independently, without having to touch the engine internals(piston, crank, valvetrain , timing, fueling, electrical, etc.)
I would make sure the transmission is shifting properly as soon as the cases are together too, before going any further with assembly.

·
Registered
605 Posts
While you're there, grind all but 4 teeth off of the speed limiter gear, equally spaced, as in leave a tooth at 3, 6, 9, and 12 o'clock.
The "gear" has square teeth that do not engage another gear, rather the teeth are counted by the sensor directly above it(top rear of clutch cover case side, 2 wires, can't miss it).
So, with teeth gone, but the shaft still turning the same rpm range, the ecu is tricked into thinking the engine speed/rpm's are less, so it now does not pull timing at high rpms to limit the top speed, because it thinks it's at a fraction of the rpm it actually is.
This is good for more top end power and speed, a few mph.
Ultimately, the top speed is determined and limited to the sprocket sizes, but this is a good mod for a little extra umph...for free.
Unplugging the sensor will not eliminate the speed limiter either, removing teeth on the wheel/gear is the only way.
It's easy, and worth doing.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
You can build the engine first and the clutch after, as the clutch and basket can be repaired or replaced independently, without having to touch the engine internals(piston, crank, valvetrain , timing, fueling, electrical, etc.)
I would make sure the transmission is shifting properly as soon as the cases are together too, before going any further with assembly.
i remember reading about checking the gears but not the procedure if you can elaborate please.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

I'm cheap, so I use a penny. And it softer then a nickel.
Hahaha. Weve discussed this before! I just like to throw my money around, makes me feel important

Reactions: DEZPERADO

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
just finished torquing the drive gear and the counter balance gear. Pretty great experience so far between being patient waiting for stuff and new things I’m learning along the way has been pretty awesome. Pain in the butt sometimes but that’s what wrenching is about learning learning learning

Attachments

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,178 Posts
Wrenching can be therapeutic if all goes right!

Your clutch basket has some light notching. You can lightly dress them with a file.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts