Raptor Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Get a piece of clear tube to fit the drain on the float bowl.
Use that to measure the fuel level, and it'll show you if the float heghts are correct before you remove anything.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Fixed all three issues.
screws under the carbs were loose was letting fuel out.

clutch like an idiot I had left the adjusting part loose.

fan was switched to stay on with the key, followed the wires and one was loose.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Congrats brother everything is good now?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
So was having issues with it sputtering a lot On initial start and test, took it to my dads friends house he’s good with carbs. He took it apart cleaned everything really good. Got a good idle, low acceleration is good Cause he took up the street really quick to avoid the law, but when we got back home and tested here. 1st accelerates good, I shifted pretty quick to 2nd it accelerated good until mid range and bogged down shifting into third. His dad told us to take his tool to Adjust the screws underneath. So tomorrow we have a little adjusting to do but it sure feels good to make it move.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I plan to put a big gun eco and probably a K&n. Would I be redoing everything I’m doing now adjusting the screws.

And do I have to get different jets for it because of the upgrades?

Also i don’t know what’s in their now so was thinking of ordering a kit to put in with stuff I do know, any suggestions?

My friends dad was laughing cause the 2nd’s jet was huge. I said they like power.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Buy 27.5 pilots(2)
A stage2 Dynojet jet kit
Remove air box lid(get a filterskin for the air filter).
Search and do the "3mm clear tube method".
Yes, you are going to have to make adjustments to the air screws, as well as the pilots, needles, and mains.
Main in right carb is one size larger than the left, and it still stays that way when sizes are changed.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
what’s the difference between buying the k&n drop in vs the one with the adaptor?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Sputtering about mid range to wot at the moment. Ordered the big gun and jet kit today so will update when gets here.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Probably glanced at the air filter never even noticed. But this is an aftermarket with the adapter am I correct? What filter can I put on or should I put on? Live in Florida. Don’t plan to mud but never know first quad.

Attachments

·
Registered
902 Posts
I like to run foam just because it filters better than most all paper filters, but you can run what you please. Foam flows less and requires a lil more effort to wash and maintain. Your filter looks to be deteriorating so I would swap out to pretty much anything else.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
I usually like k&n I saw their were two. Anyone have a part#?

also when jet kit gets here How would I go about starting with that. Are there different jets in the kit. Right now idle is spot on. From what I’ve read I install and three turns out? Play with the low carb Screw for balancing the low throttle and Play with the secondary for mid to high range. And than if you get a slight hesitation in between You move needle positions? Obviously after exhaust and new filter get here.

thank you guys for the help it is appreciated beyond belief!

I also change the oil to the yamalube 10w40 and fixed the starter relay as it was clicking. Got here today and bam started right up.

friends dad lent us a ratchet type screwdriver that is l shaped that we can stick under the carbs to adjust.It looked ancient does this magical tool still exist?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Got some new rubber. Wired the rear light up yesterday, looks like it had an aftermarket light so had to cut and tie some wires. Works good. Putting a case saver on at the moment and waiting on the pilot jets to get here. And than hopefully all I have left is some minor tuning. 😜

Attachments

81 - 96 of 96 Posts