Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been awhile since I have made a post hello everyone! I am rebuilding my entire engine from top to bottom with hotrod crank 101mm high comp wiseco and a stage 2 cam with ferrea valves and hotcam springs. I got the piston crank and valves now I need cam, springs and gaskets. Here my reasson for posting. I am moveing end feb eariley march. So i need to get the quad togther before I move. I will have 600 for parts at end of month which will cover everythang needed to get the engine back togather and on includeing valve job and flow and bore. After I get it togather I dont plan on runing it till after a few more weeks untill i get new oneway,clutch pack,jet kit, and verus other odd and ends. My concern is this... I know I will need to lube thangs up when puting back togather. What will need to be lube other than piston and sleeve and cam? And will it be ok to put it back togather and wait a few weeks before oiling and gasing it up to run? I dont want to worrie about the engine not being properly lube and ready to break in for first start. I want to put it all togather and wait few weeks to put in the 1way and everythang else.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I rebuilt mine and then waited I think a week before I ran it untill I got the new one way and some other stuff put in. I did start it before the new one way just to make sure it worked before the new one way and gear but only ran for about 5sec. Ive had no problems so far. Well, no problems that were related to not running it right after the rebuild, I just pulled it apart again this morning and the cylinder walls, cam, etc and all look like they have been well oiled. They look good, I dont think you will have any problems. If you wanted you could pull the valve adjustment cover off and pour some oil right on top of the cam and springs for extra lubrication before your ready to run it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts