Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys iv had my 700 since this past november... and yeah i change the oil regularly... and keep all the maintanence current on it.... and it started smoking last week real bad when you give it a lil gas.... its still stock.... just the lide removed and some holeshots.... nothing to hurt it though... and yeah they called me up today and said that they have to rebuild the motor.... i was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them befor....???

·
Registered
226 Posts
Probably ran too lean for too long...

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gotcha... well at least i got the extended warranty.. but they said cause there busy it should take a month to a month a half...wtf is with that...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Mine is all stock and I feel better when the air filter is a little dirty as it backfires a bit with a clean filter.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah mine did 2... hmm. makes sense now because when it was dirty it really did not backfire all that much but when she was clean...sounded like a v8 180 degrees out of time... hmmm... oh wel... wont be aproblem for long...

·
Registered
912 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bike. Thank god you had your extended warranty. I'm not surpised its not going to take them two months to rebuild your motor. 8)

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
really thats not surprising that it would take that long... wow.. i thought something like this would take no time... that goes to show what i know..lol

·
Registered
200 Posts
WOW!........This thread should answer anyone's question about removing the lid and/or the spark arrestor without an EFI controller......... :unsure:
......glad you had the extended warrentee. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ha get this... my local yammi dealer calls me up and says yeah we found your problem and what not they said that the motor is acting like it is because i did not properly oil my filter... i have the stock filter... and i used the yamaha spray on it... and it was dryin out because i hadnt ridin it... and anyways.... the total all together he told me was upwards of 3k i said ok yamaha is gonna cover parts which sticks me with a 1400 tab.... they said new crank, rods, piston, valves basically a new motor inside.... wtf has anyone else had anything even remotley similar happen to them....

·
Registered
200 Posts
I can see the filter losing oil from sitting a long time and letting dirt into your intake (aka, ruining the piston and valves) but how does that ruin the crank and rod?.......... :3question: Anyways, good luck with it and hope they get it back together and going for you. 8)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
No kiddin......

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Your extended warranty may not cover it, especially if they know you ran it without the lid. If you ran it too lean, the dealer and Yamaha could back up on you. I hope you get it covered bro!

~Brian

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Flynbyu said:
Your extended warranty may not cover it, especially if they know you ran it without the lid. If you ran it too lean, the dealer and Yamaha could back up on you. I hope you get it covered bro!

~Brian
hey thanks bro.... they said they were gonna cover parts but not labor...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
well.....you could get the parts and only have them put the bottom end together and have the topend assembled but not attached. then get the thing ported, get a cam, and send in your cyclinder that is already off the machine, into rocket factory, kenz or trinity and have them do the 734.
Then you can just do the labor on those pieces yourself.....if you know how

·
Registered
665 Posts
just curious, when the dealer does warranty work, are they sent a check for the labor so they can pay their people? i would think so, but iam curious , just wondering if it is possible for the dealer to "bamboozle" yammie if they want to ? like say that they are doing such and such of work but really only replacing the sprk plug and pocketing the cash from yammie cuz their dealership is about to fold!!!

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey you know thats a good question.... i dunno.... and hey how much would it run to get a 734 kit and cam and port and stuff...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
if you buy all that stuff through rocket it's about $1650. But thats with the stage II cam and spring kit ($500), wild porting ($600) and the 734 ($550)

You could just go with the 734, stage I cam ($250) and mild porting ($300)........make it a little cheaper and still have awesome power!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts