Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just did a carb rebuild on my 350 raptor because the float bowl gasket was leaking.

I'm 99% positive I replaced everything correctly, but maybe something needs adjustment? I cleaned all the ports with carb cleaner and all the parts are new so it's clean as a whistle.

It's starts perfect and runs great with the choke on, but then when I don't choke it, it runs rough. I have to adjust the idle screw to keep it running and even then the idle jumps +/- 400 rpm. Sometimes it'll even idle itself at 4k rpm. Tried taking it down the road and she popped a lot. I have an idea that it's running lean. Could I need to adjust my float level? I think I left it kinda high(about 15mm).

Oh, and it's stock.

·
Registered
836 Posts
sounds like she needs a fuel screw adjustment...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Forgive me if I sound stupid, but I can't seem to find it. I had an extra part in the rebuild kit, and after looking at a blown up diagram, noticed it was the fuel screw. Where is it exactly?

EDIT: Just realized that I couldn't find the pilot screw because it's covered by a brass plug. Now how the hell do I get that sucker out to get to the screw!?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Also make sure the choke cable at the carb is securely fastened. I stripped mine alittle over tightening it and just that little bit of air getting in caused to run rough and idle funny.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also make sure the choke cable at the carb is securely fastened. I stripped mine alittle over tightening it and just that little bit of air getting in caused to run rough and idle funny.
Thanks for the heads up. Yea mine is stripped too...it only "sits" in place, but it seems snug. I don't always check it tho. I'll have to take a look at it again.

Update: Adjusted my float level, I know it's good. Got the quad to run with the choke off, but it takes 5 turns out of the pilot/fuel screw :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts