Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good 700 mech in the Seattle, WA area?

I am even open to suggestions for anyone that is interested in side work, with referrals of course.

I am looking to have a new 8mill crank installed in my 734cc. Unfortunately, the local Yamaha dealers only seem comfortable with stock bike.

Secondly, are there any recommendations on the brand/size (4mill, 6mill or 8mill) and any other mods that should be done at the same time? I only ride the bike in the sand and it does not see dirt or trails. Pretty much the guy who just goes up and down hills and likes to race.

Lastly, I have everything done to the 734cc that I can think of other than the crank. On a local dyno, it produced 76whp and 56lbs tq with stock 700 tires.

Thanks again for all the help!!!!

·
Registered
713 Posts
You have one of hte best up in your area.

Call Dave at Roosterbuilt.

Do a search on here for Roosterbuilt.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
You have one of hte best up in your area.

Call Dave at Roosterbuilt.

Do a search on here for Roosterbuilt.
I second that!!!! David is a great builder and tuner. He is very good at what he does and his builds RUN!!!!!

We drove from southern Oregon just for him to tune 2 of our builds!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
329 Posts
The Rooster built crew are good friends and do great work, if they cant take care of you, our shop has a lot of Raptor experience also.

Willie

·
Registered
329 Posts
Ya we do sleds, atv, watercraft, harleys, rock crawlers, pretty much anything you can waste money on :D We been working with Racers Edge on a few projects and are a dealer for them also.

·
Registered
36 Posts
There is a shop on River Road in Puyallup i used to goto, they are good people and do some good work. I havent gone there in awhile cuz i moved. Cant remember the name of the place but i wanna say it was like C & A or something like that.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
david posted this a few weeks back.

"Just a little Rooster Built update. We are still in business but even more part time than before. My day job duties have just about doubled over the last 9-12 months, which has me working many long hours. Jack has officially retired and just does a little atv work out of his house. These changes have caused me to turn work away and to be a bit slower at getting back to customers. Sorry if this has caused anyone problems. We will be at the Rally and will continue to enjoy the sport. I am still happy to help anyone out with Raptor questions as long as you have a little patience. Thanks for the support and see you at the Rally.

[email protected] Built"

if you have the time and patience to have RB build your bike you will be a happy with it when its done. some people just don't have the patiences though.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Isnt English Racing up there somewhere too?
They're in Vancouver, nearer to Portland, OR than Seattle - about 2/2.5 hours away

June 12th would be a great day to take a road trip...

Might have to try and make that, sounds like a good time. Was SUPPOSED to be in Winchester that weekend, but not gonna make it now :banghead:

Are you guys generally open on the weekends ? What're your shop hours ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts