Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just reconnected my blue wire for the speed sensor and now it won't start. I tried grounding it again because it ran right before and still nothing. Any idea what's going on here? Tried leaving it unplugged to and still nothing.

Forgot to add, you can really smell gas when tying to start it too. Tried a new spark plug as well with no results

And the check engine light is flashing...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Check the code against the manual, should give you a hint. I would look at the CDI connection too since you probably messed with it a bit playing around the blue wire.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I check the code? I didn't see anything in the owners manual or service manual about it? I've tried messing with the connection, looks like all the pins are going in the right spots.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
How do I check the code? I didn't see anything in the owners manual or service manual about it? I've tried messing with the connection, looks like all the pins are going in the right spots.
You said the light was flashing. You will get long flashes followed by short flashes then a pause.... So 3 long 3 short is 33... 2 long 4 short is 24, etc. You can lookup the codes in the service manual that can be downloaded somewhere on this forum, or simply give us the code here and someone will chime in.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You said the light was flashing. You will get long flashes followed by short flashes then a pause.... So 3 long 3 short is 33... 2 long 4 short is 24, etc. You can lookup the codes in the service manual that can be downloaded somewhere on this forum, or simply give us the code here and someone will chime in.
I have the service manual but can't find it. When I turn the ignition on it just flashes what i guess would be long continuously. If I push it forward to "reset" it like if the CDI was unplugged it would flasher quicker

ETA: ok I looked again and found it. It's 3 long and 3 short so 33 which is ignition coil. I have a dynatek igntion should I try going back to the stock one?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
See section 6-4 of the service manual.

Only long flashes could be a code 30... Is there any delay at any point between the flashes? A code 30 would be 3 flashes then a pause.. 3 long flashes, pause, etc. Could also be a 50. Section 6-5 lists the possible codes and a brief explanation of each.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See section 6-4 of the service manual.

Only long flashes could be a code 30... Is there any delay at any point between the flashes? A code 30 would be 3 flashes then a pause.. 3 long flashes, pause, etc. Could also be a 50. Section 6-5 lists the possible codes and a brief explanation of each.
Yeah I found it and edited my post before, it's a 33, no idea how to fix it, all my connections look fine. Maybe the ecu is fried?? ???

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tried changing the coil back to the stock one too and still no go

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Yeah I found it and edited my post before, it's a 33, no idea how to fix it, all my connections look fine. Maybe the ecu is fried?? ???
I had a 33 once on a friend's bike. We were installing a Dynatek ignition and apparently it was defective. Plugging everything back to stock fixed the issue. If you have a dynatek on it, try bypassing it (we only put the coil connections back to normal, the rest didn't matter).

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn... This sucks...
you're telling me, i've tried everything and looked over everything and nothing is working. i just want to ride today since it's finally nice here. i've given up for the day. if anybody has any ideas post them. going to have to ride the slow bear, i mean big bear i guess.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a 33 once on a friend's bike. We were installing a Dynatek ignition and apparently it was defective. Plugging everything back to stock fixed the issue. If you have a dynatek on it, try bypassing it (we only put the coil connections back to normal, the rest didn't matter).
I have a Dynatek but it isn't installed yet, was going to do it tomorrow which is why I was connecting the blue wire again. I was going to try and connect the Dynatek to see if that would fix the problem but decided to come here first.

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
you're telling me, i've tried everything and looked over everything and nothing is working. i just want to ride today since it's finally nice here. i've given up for the day. if anybody has any ideas post them. going to have to ride the slow bear, i mean big bear i guess.
Wow dude I am so sorry I have not a clue... you did say you tried rehooking the blue wire up right? (like stock)

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
Mine did the same thing not to long ago. It was a connection in my cdi. Just keep messin with it and it should fire. Also try some of that electrical grease in the cdi connection, might help...

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow dude I am so sorry I have not a clue... you did say you tried rehooking the blue wire up right? (like stock)
Yeah, that's how it's hooked up right now and it's still a no go.

Mine did the same thing not to long ago. It was a connection in my cdi. Just keep messin with it and it should fire. Also try some of that electrical grease in the cdi connection, might help...
I have been messing with a lot and still nothing, I wouldn't think reconnecting it would do this which is why I completely confused. I'll have to get some electrical grease and try that

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok I fixed it, I was pulling on the wires to see what one was lose in there figuring it may be that and sure enough the orange one for the coil pulled right out. I mangled it with some pliers and put it back in. The check engine light was still flashing but for shits and giggles I hit the button and it started and now it's back to normal, no flashing lights.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Glad you got it figured out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts