Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 long years, I found my stolen Raptor riding around Little Sahara State Park last month. It was stolen just over 2 years ago along with my trailer. I was coming off the dunes to refuel my YFZ 450R and when I got to the gate I saw one that looked exactly like mine. I quickly flipped a u turn and hauled back onto the dunes and chased down the girl who was riding it. I was pretty nice about it when I asked her if I could check hers against the VIN of mine (which I kept in the truck just in case) and then the boyfriend showed up. He was real standoff-ish towards me and I told him we could do this one of two ways- either he follows me and lets me check it, or I go get the park ranger and HE checks it. Needless to say, I had to get the ranger. He pulled them off the dunes and after about 15 minutes of phone calls, he confirmed that it was, in fact, my Raptor. It's been beat to crap and I have to replace a lot of parts on it, but I have MY Raptor back!!

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Wow! That's crazy! What are the odds? Glad you got it back. What happened to the people that were in possession of it? Any arrest or legal action going to be taken against them? I mean, it's been two years, it would be hard to prove at this point that they were the ones that stole it, ya know? Not that I'm trying to argue, I'm just doing a "what-if." They might be able to say they bought it from someone, and I wonder if there would be any way to prove their story wrong? Again though, awesome to hear you got your bike back, even if you do have to replace some parts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the people said they had a bill of sale but I mean, they could go home and write one real fast and sign some bogus name to it, which is apparently what they did. The DA down here says there's not enough evidence to build a case against them even though they were in possession of stolen property.

·
Registered
135 Posts
well, atleast you got it back. was it insured?
Im assuming it wasnt since you took it back

·
Registered
135 Posts
oh and pics of the raptor in current conditions

·
Registered
435 Posts
awesome congrads..at least now you have a project bike to look forward to

·
GO BLUE!!!
641 Posts
That awesome man, happy ya got it back!!!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
If they legitimately bought it.......wouldn't they want their money back and give up the name of the person they bought it from? I'd want my money back if i bought something that found out to be stolen....I hate thieves man...plus the fact that they beat it....that grinds my gears :mad: Well congrats that it's back home. Oh did you find the trailer?

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
If they legitimately bought it.......wouldn't they want their money back and give up the name of the person they bought it from? I'd want my money back if i bought something that found out to be stolen....I hate thieves man...plus the fact that they beat it....that grinds my gears :mad: Well congrats that it's back home. Oh did you find the trailer?
Not here in my state. Atv's are titled. If law catches you on one that has been reported stolen, and title isn't in your name, yet you have a "bill of sale::)" YOU ARE GOING TO JAIL FOR RECEIVING STOLEN GOODS" PERIOD! He probably knew a lot more than what he was saying, hence his body language. Tell you what, I work hard for the things I want in life. Day in, day out, sick or well to provide for my family. Over worked, under paid, over timed, under rated, all for garnished wages via uncle sam... and twice on Sunday. I would have tangled ass with boyfriend, for having my stolen property, even if he was not the original individual(s) who stole it.:mad: People work entirely too hard, to have lazy scum come along and welcome themselves to it.:mad: I raced karts WKA as a kid. My dad, brother, and I. Dad had a shifter kart that ran faster times than Indy formula 1's, my brother had a 2cycl, I had 4 cycl racing restricted. Worst day of my life, was stepping into the garage one morning, and all three karts were gone. :(

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
^^^ All (3) recovered 2-weeks later. We would ride day in night through the streets of Florida looking for them. Dad's cart had a 125cc yamaha (2) stroke on it. Distinct sound on a kart, and not so much bike like because of the gearing. Mom was coming home from work w/windows about 3 miles from home. She heard it, and followed it until she found a guy driving it. He recognized the car, because he was the one in the garage, hopped off of it, and took off running. Dumbass was right in front of his house when he did it. Dad shows before the cops, and finds the other 2 karts in the backyard. Cops ran his name, issued a warrant, he turns himself in with a story saying a guy sold it to him. All (3). During trial, attorney burned him. Painted picture for jury, how he "jumped up" when he saw the car because he recognized it! Damn I hate low lifes. Sorry for the book guys, just CANT STAND IT!!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Not here in my state. Atv's are titled. If law catches you on one that has been reported stolen, and title isn't in your name, yet you have a "bill of sale::)" YOU ARE GOING TO JAIL FOR RECEIVING STOLEN GOODS" PERIOD! He probably knew a lot more than what he was saying, hence his body language. Tell you what, I work hard for the things I want in life. Day in, day out, sick or well to provide for my family. Over worked, under paid, over timed, under rated, all for garnished wages via uncle sam... and twice on Sunday. I would have tangled ass with boyfriend, for having my stolen property, even if he was not the original individual(s) who stole it.:mad: People work entirely too hard, to have lazy scum come along and welcome themselves to it.:mad: I raced karts WKA as a kid. My dad, brother, and I. Dad had a shifter kart that ran faster times than Indy formula 1's, my brother had a 2cycl, I had 4 cycl racing restricted. Worst day of my life, was stepping into the garage one morning, and all three karts were gone. :(
Are you in SC still? Its not required but you can title them. Basically the certificate or origin is similar to a title though. I only had 1 of mines titled. A bill of sale can cover you. I remember a big investigation was going on for a container full golf carts that were stolen. They tracked 1 of the golf carts to this 1 guy but he showed the bill of sale and got off. Cops do what they want and make arrests when they want to for the most part .. if they feel the story is not adding up, they can still arrest you and leave it up to the judge.

·
Registered
538 Posts
So happy you got the Rappy back!!! Although the condition was not good, it wasnt burned down you know..... :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Cool you got it back, that's rarely the case

The DA down here says there's not enough evidence to build a case against them even though they were in possession of stolen property.
^This is bullshit!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I believe we've all worked hard for everything we have.
There is nothing more dishonest than a thief.
money = time
when someone steals from you they are stealing a little piece of your life.
I'm sorry but that is mine!!!

Glad to here you got back that piece

·
Registered
21 Posts
yea if this guy was th dude that stole it then he got what he needed to get for sure. you should hav ebeat his ass b4 the ranger got there for sure.

but i just bought a atv and in indiana i didnt no what the rule was and bought umm idk if there r stole or not. but look at it this way if the guy didnt no then he might be thinking the same thing. i just saved my money from working paid some ass whole and got my shit "stole" by this dude...

i hope mine aint stole and i have the dudes number and a copy of his id but man i love this atv and have done some shit to it so idk. what can u do to late now.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Are you in SC still? Its not required but you can title them. Basically the certificate or origin is similar to a title though. I only had 1 of mines titled. A bill of sale can cover you. I remember a big investigation was going on for a container full golf carts that were stolen. They tracked 1 of the golf carts to this 1 guy but he showed the bill of sale and got off. Cops do what they want and make arrests when they want to for the most part .. if they feel the story is not adding up, they can still arrest you and leave it up to the judge.
That is true in a sense. They don't have to be titled, and a bill of sale may cover you, but not if the quad is reported stolen. At the end of the day, you are right, cops can be cool, or dicks, but more often dicks in the upstate. If you have stolen property in your posession, no matter if you have bill of sale, you can be taken to jail for receiving stolen goods. If they choose to be dicks, and most likely will.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts