Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys, I need some help I'm a rejetting noob! :mad:

I need to rejet my dads raptor 660 he has a yoshimura full exhaust and a few times we rode we noticed his head pipe GLOWS RED like a bright red, and I figured that was the break in process, but then it happened everytime... I knew something wasn't right and I know I have to rejet.

What jet kit should I use and how should I jet my car as in what main jet size? Pilot size? and what else has to be done?

Thanks!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Whats up guys, I need some help I'm a rejetting noob! :mad:

I need to rejet my dads raptor 660 he has a yoshimura full exhaust and a few times we rode we noticed his head pipe GLOWS RED like a bright red, and I figured that was the break in process, but then it happened everytime... I knew something wasn't right and I know I have to rejet.

What jet kit should I use and how should I jet my car as in what main jet size? Pilot size? and what else has to be done?

Thanks!
Any mods to the air box, does the air box still have the snorkel.........

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome thanks man! Any particular brand to go with? And any diy's or videos how to do this?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anybody else have any ideas?

·
Registered
386 Posts
follow willy's advise hes never wrong :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha alright, I'm not on this forum much so I dont know many people and their levels of expertise lol. Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys I have a question, what can not rejetting the carbs do to harm the motor??

·
Registered
386 Posts
with new pipe and intake can run to lean which will be to hot and possibly seize the motor, dont do it ...spend time and do it right and will run better with more power

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You need both a 145 and a 150. You also need 2 of the #25 pilots. You have 2 carbs ya know....
I'm confused how would I use both? there is two main jets in each carb?

I know that there is 2 carbs I got 2 #25 pilots, but I need 2 145's and 2 150's? 1 of each, in each carb...?

And can any point me to a DIY or a video of how to do this?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok does it matter if i put the 2 145's in left or the right same question with the 2 150's... Thanks much for the help guys

·
Master of the Electron
15,526 Posts
No...

You put ONE 150 Mikuni main jet in the right carb and ONE 145 Mikuni main jet in the left carb and 125 pilot jets in both carbs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No...

You put ONE 150 Mikuni main jet in the right carb and ONE 145 Mikuni main jet in the left carb and 125 pilot jets in both carbs.
So I only order 2 main jets? 1 150 main jet and put it in the right carb and 1 145 main jet and put it in the left?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
No...

Yes............I'm sure I have said this previously............also......

1 - 20 of 27 Posts