Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing this on my raptor 727, a built XC quad and was wonder what people are running the exp springs at? The little springs for the auto clutch, that tells it when to engage. I assume that you want the lightest springs so it engages early as possiable to be able to use engine braking on downhills.
Any advice would be great!

·
Registered
327 Posts
On my XC bike, I put the lightest springs in available, it starts pulling a little at idle. It chatters a little due to the quick engagement. The next stiffer spring set up engages very smooth. Wish the Raptor had a cover just for the clutches like bikes do, you can put a new set of plates in at about 10 minutes time. On my bike I have 224 hrs on the Rekluse with no issues, I measure the pressure plate every 50 hours. I have no Rekluse in my Raptor, I may stall it one time in a race. My bike is a kick start, the Rekluse saves me from stalling in bad situations and conserves my energy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I used the stock ones as well on my raptor. However, for aggressive trail riding on my KX500, i put the next stiffer ones in. Not a huge difference but it does engage a bit higher. As 418stroker said, it would be nice if we had a dedicated clutch cocer to easily experiment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts