Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked mine, I do it every 3 months, and mine was tight on the intake side and loose on the exhaust so thats why we check em so that they wont get outta wack. :thumbsup:
At first I thought I didnt have the cam indexed right with both lobes on the base circles but I ran the engine back over and alined everything back up and it was the same so they are right now :thumbsup: at .1mm on the intake and .18mm on the exhaust.

·
Registered
556 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
I just checked mine, I do it every 3 months, and mine was tight on the intake side and loose on the exhaust so thats why we check em so that they wont get outta wack. :thumbsup:
At first I thought I didnt have the cam indexed right with both lobes on the base circles but I ran the engine back over and alined everything back up and it was the same so they are right now :thumbsup: at .1mm on the intake and .18mm on the exhaust.
For the record he did not mean it put .1mm :thumbsup:

M

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
How do you know you need to adjust the valves or do you just do it? I'm not noticing any poor running symptoms at all but I have almost a year of running and never touched the valves. My Bad?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I would atleast do it near after breakin. Yours are probably tight like everyone elses get. Its a piece of cake.

·
Registered
556 Posts
You won't really know...you should hear them unless they are so tight there's no clerance as required. usually they are to tight mostly after break in. Once the valve seats it closes that gap up. Then progressively it loses clearance when the valve itself starts to wear on the actual seating ring section.

M

·
Registered
584 Posts
I set mine on the open side so they have room to tighten.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Well, I guess I'll be digging into that tonight. :) Sounds like it's not a big deal, I'll just follow the manual.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Is the valve adjustment on the new 700's about the same as it is on the old 660's? (Other than one-less valve?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts