Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is not a new idea to do something remotely. There is no real benefit but sure it is a nice feature. I had most of the required stuff laying around so besides the time I spend doing it it didn't cost me anything. I was also improvising a lot as I went along so there is no exact how to.

For this project you'll need:
- wire
- Bluetooth / RF relay
- delay

- The wires don't have to be thick since they are used only to power the relay and to make two shorts.
- You can use either a BT relay module or RF relay. The difference is that you can control BT relay with your phone but has a shorter range or you can use RF relay which has longer range but requires its own key fob. I'm using BT relay.
- To do things with push of one button you will also need a delay. The function of this delay is to wait 4seconds (pump prime time is 3s) and then hold the ignition button for 2s. The engine usually requires less than a second to start but the extra time does no damage since the starter starts spinning freely once the engine reaches its idle speed.

In theory this works like this. You activate the main relay via the phone or key fob. The main relay now makes a short to the (37) engine stop switch. This powers on the quad and starts pump prime sequence. At the same time the delay is powered and starts 4s countdown. After 4s the pump has primed and delay has reached zero. Now the delay goes into second stage and makes a short to (38 ) Start switch and hold it for 2 seconds. After this the sequence is over and the engine is running.

When you deactivate the main relay the short to the (37) engine stop switch is deactivated and the quad powers off. If quad is parked for a longer period of time add a switch to turn off the main relay module and prevent the battery to go flat.

To find the correct cables work your way from the ignition switch and start switch. Find a suitable place to add the wires that will then connect to the relay.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
That's awesome. I don't really see a practical reason for it, but it is a neat feature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Thats pretty sweet blacksupra!

I couldnt do it, this thread might as well be in chinese for people with my electrical skills, but the video sure is cool

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Digging the high performance rubber bands!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts