Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there was a way to remove the baffle and somehow keep the spark arrestor in the exhaust? I have removed it and installed new main jet (155) and drilled holes in my air box lid. I like it but I don't want to start a fire.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'm not sure about the 350, but on the 250, the spark arrestor is attached to the baffle, making no way to remove the baffle but still leave the sparky in the can......

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
dont worry about it you wont start a fire

·
Registered
836 Posts
every quad i have owned i've taken the baffle out of, and I have yet to start a woods fire.. just take it out and don't worry about it.. the only reason its in there is because of the stupid EPA lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DUDE!!!! I put in a new jet and cut some air holes in the air box lid and removed the baffle.... Hellz yea ..... now why didn't it come like that? It runs way better.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I read somewhere that taking the baffle out does nothing but make it loud, and decreases the power, is this true?

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
every quad i have owned i've taken the baffle out of, and I have yet to start a woods fire.. just take it out and don't worry about it.. the only reason its in there is because of the stupid EPA lol
That's as idiotic as saying "I've never been in an auto accident, so airbags are useless."

NO, the SA is there to prevent sparks from causing fires... just because YOU haven't started one doesn't mean it doesn't happen. EPA has nothing to do with it... the US Department of Forestry mandates them because fire IS an issue and they want to protect their forests. If you start a fire due to removing your SA (it's not likely, but possible), you will be in a whole world of shit!

You can get aftermarket SA's (or end caps with SA's) or fabricate one of your own from some stainless steel screen, if you are concerned. It may not be USDF approved, but you won't be starting any fires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts