Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what i need to know to remove my stock shocks on my raptor? Do i need to take any additional parts off to get to the rear shocks? I don't think that the front shocks will be that difficult. I can at least see the bolts on those. But the rear shock is a different beast. Does anyone know any tricks or have any ideas on how to make this a simple task?

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
Just tear into it man! It's pretty easy just a few bolts, but you might want to suspend your rear end so it doesn't fall on you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just tear into it man! It's pretty easy just a few bolts, but you might want to suspend your rear end so it doesn't fall on you :thumbsup:
at the bottom of the rear shock it looks like i have to remove another piece to get to the bottom bolt. Is that right or should that bolt be exposed too??

·
4,451 Posts
Ya remove it too then you can get the bolt on the bottom of the shock. I believe its called a wishbone if my memory serves me correctly. Should only take you 15 mins or less :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok well i guess after i make a trip to the store i will tear into this project and get my shocks off to wiigstyle ASAP!!

·
4,451 Posts
Thats awesome! I wanna send mine off but had a bit of a wreck at LS today SO gotta replace the broken stuff first.

·
Registered
242 Posts
You guys are so lucky to have some dunes not so far! I swear in a couple of years I'll go on a trip in cali with some friends to ride... Here it's mud, snow, but at least we have some good MX tracks.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If it makes you feel any better I am like 3 1/2 hours away from them. I have only been once like 13 or so years ago. Big fun though!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow that is cool. i am about 6 miles away from the trails and can easily go after work before the sun does down. Makes it nice living close to somewhere to ride doesn't it??

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just an update i got all 3 shocks off my rappy and they are boxed up and ready to be shipped off to wiigstyle tomorrow afternoon!!!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually this "awesome man" is actually an "awesome woman" LOL Thanx though i am pretty dang excited to get these babies back and try them out on the trails!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No worries. Now i am trying to decide between the shock deal with wiigstyle or go with this LSR deal on ebay axle and a-arms for like 765.00 ARGGGGGGH Decisions decisions

1 - 20 of 32 Posts