Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removing "baffle", "Spark arrestor", "inner muffler"....

I am placing this post because I know sooooo many people are in my exact same situation. They have tried and tried to get the baffle out, but it doesn't want to budge. It all depends on the quad and if it doesn't come out, you just have to get creative.

My brother and I both have 2007 700R's. I have tried and tried to removed my baffle, but I could not do it. I took the bolt out of my brothers baffle and gave it a good pull and it came right out. I tried mine again and it just won't come out with "normal pulling". I'm sure it will come out with "extra" force, but it all depends on the ATV. Some come out easy, some do not. DON'T GIVE UP!!!!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Re: Removing "baffle", "Spark arrestor", "inner muffler"....

If you want to remove the spark arrestor easy...Start your raptor up and let it warm up to operating temperature. Take out the hex screw on the bottom of it... A couple light Revs of the engine should pop it right out...... if that dont work...get the bike working hard and get the exhaust system HOT!!!! and take it out then

·
Registered
5,125 Posts

yep... get it hot.. and take a big pair of vice grips and pull on it.. i bent the shit out of my small ones and it wouldnt come out.. got some bigger ones and out she came.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

My bro's was pretty much cold and came right out. I got mine HOT several times and still nothing. So again, it all depends on the ATV.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts

true but mine wouldnt budge for nothing.. i had to get big vise grips like 12 or 14" long and clamp the shit out of it and after the start or hex bolt was removed i put some ass in it and it came.. i started with like 8 or so inch vise grips and it wasnt happenen. Ride around a while with the hex bolt out and it will eventually come out if big vises dont work.

·
Registered
101 Posts

I have two raptors and the spark arrestors would not come out for anything. I tried everything. What I did was went on ebay and bought a cheap take off exhaust for $10.00 and it came out using my hands. If all else fails then just go on ebay and buy a cheap muffler.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Prob a noob question. But removing the spark arrestor wont mess anything up will it?

·
Registered
594 Posts

Ok another thing you can do instead of ordering a another take off muffler...get it hot like i said before then splash the spark arrestor with some cold water...... thing should free up the carbon and shit build up thats holding the arrestor in. I dont like the idea of using vice grips to force it out ::)

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts

My rappy spit it's sparky out, BLAAAA ! :grin_nod:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts

mine came out when i un-bolted factory muffler, and did LTE's :lol: Actually i had a pretty hard time with mine when i did it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts